Not open for further replies.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    From 2A patriots

Indiana Governor Daniels has signed into law HB 1065 which will protect gun owners from disciplinary action from their employers for having their firearms locked in their vehicles at the workplace and keeping government from confiscating guns during an emergency. http://www.indystar.com/article/20100318/NEWS05/3180511/Guns-at-work-bill-signed-by-Daniels

I want to thank all of the legislators who fought to get this bill passed and did so with true conviction. Also, we appreciate Ashley Varner, the NRA lobbyist, who spent days and weeks in the statehouse during all of the testimony in both houses on this bill and we appreciate the folks with the ISRPA who did a great deal of work in this matter, too.

Margie and I also want to thank all of you who responded to my e-mails and made those calls to the Governor requesting he sign this measure. This is truly STAYING UNITED. These things don't happen by laying up on the couch watching TV. Thanks to all of you.

There's no doubt that some will pick at the way this process worked or maybe that the bill doesn't go far enough or some other reason they just won't be satisfied. But let me point out that we could be dealing in a much different circumstance.

Two years ago there was a lot of gun owners who voted for Jill Long Thompson, the Democrat gubernatorial candidate who ran against Gov. Daniels. She would not have served gun owners well. As a congresswoman she voted for HR 1025 the Brady Handgun Bill in 1993. If she would now be our governor, I don't think we'd be seeing HB 1065 signed into law.

Some folks just don't take into account that though everything is not perfect we can sure make it a lot worse. The folks in Illinois in right are now just trying to get a law passed to get a carry license.

Getting the carry to the workplace and protecting the personal information of gun owners from the media and others who have no need for that passed into law, I'd say that was a good days work.

Great job tigers!!

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom