• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The only place that I know that sells them is the E. Arthur Brown Company. I have never bought one though I have thought about them. They have a lot of features. Some times I think to many for the price. They make a 4-16 that cost $200 with side focus plus a bunch of other stuff.

I paid $425 for the one I bought because I wanted the first focal plain. It was made by Counter Sniper something or the other. I think I paid to much for it for what it is. I have a Weaver tactical in 4-20 that I paid a little over $500 for and it is a great scope. It's in the first focal plain. Also it don't have the lighted reticle. I don't like to have to put batteries in a scope to make it work.

Any way you can go to the E. Artur Browns site and check out Hawke scopes. They make a lot of scopes and the are not very costly. Just depends on what you want in a scope. Good luck.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I tested them a few years ago. Of the 3 I tested all failed the tracking test so I didn't give them any more thought. They may have changed there line since I messed with them. There are far better options in the market for the same money so I never bothered checking back.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Hawke Sport Optics has its U.S. sales, repair and customer service center in Fort Wayne, but the products are sourced overseas. I have had three Hawke rifle scopes and a spotting scope. Hawke Sport Optics products are mainly geared for airgun use, but in some cases, like the spotting scopes, can be used for general sporting use. The rifle scopes are not crisp from edge to edge at high magnification, but the spotting scopes seem to be of better optical quality. I use my Hawke 8-32x56 rifle scope on a Steyr LG1110 HP PCP for bench rest so the edge focus break down is not an issue for me.

JAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Spencerville
    Thanks for the replies, I would rather buy something made in the USA. I have a nikon p223 3-9x40 on my ar, but it's just not quite what I'm wanting in an optic. I'd like to be able to make very precise shots at 200 yards so I'm think of a 4-16 or something in that range. Vortex will probably be the winner!

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I vote vortex. I did a pretty good job of pissing of a Hawke sales rep by putting all his scopes side by side with vortex and the vortex absolutely wiped the floor with them.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Thanks for the replies, I would rather buy something made in the USA. I have a nikon p223 3-9x40 on my ar, but it's just not quite what I'm wanting in an optic. I'd like to be able to make very precise shots at 200 yards so I'm think of a 4-16 or something in that range. Vortex will probably be the winner!

Just so we are on the same page, the Vortex is not made in the US but currently no scope is.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I understand that almost any scope is going to have some foreign made parts in it, but there are certainly some brands that are more "made in the USA" than others like USO, Trijicon, Leupold, Eotech, some Nightforce, etc.... I know great glass is coming out of the Philippines as well as the usual suspects like Japan and Germany, but I can't help but to gravitate towards employing Americans if possible.

Top Bottom