Have you written your state representatives about the 2014 legislation you like?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which bills did you write about, and for or against?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Straightforward question: Have you written? If so, please mark "yes" for each of the freedom-returning bills listed above that you supported in your letter. Please comment below if you wrote both your Senator and your Representative, and also if you contacted anyone else, like committee chairmen or the Governor.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A deadline? Well... What you're trying to do is convince Reps. Dermody and Steuerwald to put those bills on their committee calendars so they can be heard, voted, and sent to the House floor.
    The earlier they get debated, the better, and then we can start concentrating on Senators, too.

BTW, I wrote my Rep, Senator, both committee chairmen, Sen. Long (The President Pro Tempore of the Senate), Rep. Bosma (Speaker of the House), the Governor, and Rep. Lucas, who penned the bills, the latter to thank him, and all the others to ask them to vote in favor of their passage.

Blessings,
    Bill

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A deadline? Well... What you're trying to do is convince Reps. Dermody and Steuerwald to put those bills on their committee calendars so they can be heard, voted, and sent to the House floor.
    The earlier they get debated, the better, and then we can start concentrating on Senators, too.

BTW, I wrote my Rep, Senator, both committee chairmen, Sen. Long (The President Pro Tempore of the Senate), Rep. Bosma (Speaker of the House), the Governor, and Rep. Lucas, who penned the bills, the latter to thank him, and all the others to ask them to vote in favor of its passage.

Blessings,
    Bill

Gotcha. I'm trying to play your straight man, Bill. :D

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I emailed Rep. Sean Eberhart and Gov. Pence. I simply asked them to lend their support to these bills. I also emailed several pro-gun family members/friends (non-INGOers) with very simple instructions on how to do the same. I included links/descriptions of the bills and links to their reps. or how to search for their reps.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

BTW, I wrote my Rep, Senator, both committee chairmen, Sen. Long (The President Pro Tempore of the Senate), Rep. Bosma (Speaker of the House), the Governor, and Rep. Lucas, who penned the bills, the latter to thank him, and all the others to ask them to vote in favor of their passage.

Blessings,
    Bill
    i wrote everyone mentioned in this post except Lucas.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK... So... in 48 hours... Of the 300 letters I want to see, we have five? Really? Only five people wrote their reps?

Those who haven't written, do everyone a favor: If these bills don't see the light of day and the farthest they get is introduced, don't b***h about it at the end of the legislative session, k?

Speaking personally, I'd be ashamed of myself if I'd been asked to do something this simple and with this positive of a possible outcome and I did nothing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had already wrote but I just vote in the pole. Come on guys lets get those emails out! It's so simple. Even if you just write one sentence saying you want them to support the bills that's tremendously helpful!
    This is your chance
    to do something for your country and state! For
    freedom! Act now and don't put it off.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Need to throw support out there on this one. I'm going to make a separate thread for it specifically, but those who possess our LTCH and attend a college should not have to check their weapons for school rules/property. Especially when it's their/our tax dollars providing for that property.

Indiana General Assembly - 2014 Session

Last edited:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    DOH! I wrote about 1048...but not about other 2. Didn't say 'no' to them(I voted and after I voted I take it it meant I said no to them. I took the vote to say I hadn't written about them)...just didn't mention them as 1048 is the big kahuna that impacts my life on almost a weekly basis.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yes, I have written all of my representation, state and federal, about what I am wanting to see this coming year.

Been doing so since I was able to vote the first time, so since 1980. Doesn't matter where I am registered, I make sure my representation knows what I am after from them. I also often call their offices and I even try to visit with them once a year, face to face. No doubt I am on a Watch List for doing this but I don't find this discouraging. As long as they hear me and are able to look me in the eye now and then to tell me they are going to ignore me or they side with me, I will keep doing so.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    DOH! I wrote about 1048...but not about other 2. Didn't say 'no' to them(I voted and after I voted I take it it meant I said no to them. I took the vote to say I hadn't written about them)...just didn't mention them as 1048 is the big kahuna that impacts my life on almost a weekly basis.

Unless you specifically checked "no", the poll would not have marked a "no". It would not have marked a "yes", either.
    1048 is a good, sensible change, and honestly, after seeing the committee members' responses today, I'd say it has a good chance of becoming law. Don't take that to mean that that fight is over- there has not yet been a vote, so letters to the committee members and other reps are still needed, and letters specifically to chairman Rep. Dermody to bring it for a vote are as well, but you no longer need to ask him to give it a hearing.

Yes, I have written all of my representation, state and federal, about what I am wanting to see this coming year.

Been doing so since I was able to vote the first time, so since 1980. Doesn't matter where I am registered, I make sure my representation knows what I am after from them. I also often call their offices and I even try to visit with them once a year, face to face. No doubt I am on a Watch List for doing this but I don't find this discouraging. As long as they hear me and are able to look me in the eye now and then to tell me they are going to ignore me or they side with me, I will keep doing so.

Thank you very much! I wish I could say I'd been that involved. I've met with my Senator once in the past. The person I met is no longer my senator, but he is still in the Senate... redistricting moved me out of his and into a better district. I'm actually rather glad of that, as I don't take well to someone (even a politician) lying to me and even less so when they do it to my face. The man who represents me now has struck me as honest and straightforward, and while we haven't agreed on everything, there is what I feel to be a mutual respect.

Anyway, I appreciate your involvement, and you have rep inbound.

Blessings,
    Bill

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks, I was well taught in my Civics class at school as to what I am responsible for, as well as voting, if I wanted them to be accountable. :)

Joe Donnelly isn't one of my faves right now but he honestly tells me he isn't going to do what I'd like him to do at least. Likewise I tell him he won't be working there long if I have my way.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    BTW - I haven't done the poll, but I have written HB 1018 - to the ENTIRE committee,
    I plan to send the letter I shared in the thread on HB 1048 tonight - to the ENTIRE committee.

and the same with all the others. I just listed - and my actual Rep will get the letter shortly too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom