• ...and so much more!
  • Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    All of mine are affectionately called "Thor's Hammer of Truth and Justice"

For they have all laid waste to reams of paper targets and tin cans. Fear them.

My wife calls them "credits to her side of the ledger".:rolleyes:

PaPa 260

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    My old 870 is named "Ol Reliable", becuase it is just that. I have a custom 260 sporter that I named "Trickshot", becuase I killed two Alabama feral hogs with on shot on purpose. They just happened to line up hence the name. I named an old 308 "Pig Sticker" for all the hogs I have shot with it. I named a 260 F Class rifle "Ma Bell" for its ability to reach out and touch things at long distance. Most of my rifles have names that are based on some event while carrying that rifle.

PaPa 260

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    funny story how my friend's .30-06 got it's name... we were hunting on his farm in colorado for some elk. we had been waiting at the edge of this small field on the mountain side and he had a big bull elk in his sites about 150 yds off and before he took the shot he said out loud, "the sodomizer strikes again." the elk dropped where it stood and i turned to him and asked him why he calls his rifle "the sodomizer" and he looks at me really slow and says, "any animal that lines up in my cross hairs...well it's @ss is f'd"

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    I named my AR Roxanne after my late German Shepard who was just meaner than hell, my remington 870 is simply the "bi**h. Havent named my carry piece but I refer to my guns collectively as "the kids"

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Vincennes
    I call my .458 socom "MASTERBLASTER"

picture.php

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My kid named her Savage MKII "Schmee".
    Schmee is a catch-all word if you can't remember what you want to say and it's on the tip of your tongue...
    So one day she said, "Let's go shooting so I can shoot the...the...my schmee".
    And it stuck.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    funny story how my friend's .30-06 got it's name... we were hunting on his farm in colorado for some elk. we had been waiting at the edge of this small field on the mountain side and he had a big bull elk in his sites about 150 yds off and before he took the shot he said out loud, "the sodomizer strikes again." the elk dropped where it stood and i turned to him and asked him why he calls his rifle "the sodomizer" and he looks at me really slow and says, "any animal that lines up in my cross hairs...well it's @ss is f'd"

:rofl:

That cracked me up.

Top Bottom