Have you ever needed your gun and did not have it?? I Have.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I Carry my gun 99.5% of the time, and have never really needed it. But, this past Christmas season, my wife asked me to run to Walmart To pick up something she had forgotten earlier that day. It was about 10:00 pm and she was getting the kids ready for bed, so I said I would go. I had Sweat pants on and I dont like carrying IWB While wearing sweats, So I just left my gun it the safe. I ran in, and found what I needed and was on my way back to my truck in about 15 minutes. If you have been to Walmart around Christmas You know I had to park far away from the door. As I am walking, I see a guy walking right beside me at the same pace cutting between cars. He was talking on a cell phone but had his eyes on me every step of the way. I get to my truck and open the passenger door, to put the package I bought inside, and he walks up and stops right at my drivers door still on his cell, and still looking at me. So I Stepped Back toward the bed, and in A VERY stern voice, Said " Unless you want to get shot, I suggest you move on" He paused for a second ,as I gave him a serious look, and he walked off. He was a dirty , rough looking dude and I know he was up to no good, I'm just glad he wasnt armed, and didnt call my bluff. So now I carry no matter what I am wearing. I did not like the feeling I got that night In that situation. It may have helped that I am 6'2" and weigh a Solid 230 pounds. Had it been my wife or someone smaller , it may have turned out differently.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Been there, buddy, but I'm not a hulking dude like you.

I'm kinda skinny and puny and I have a thin neck that looks like a crooked stack of dimes and I appear to be an easy mark, so unsavory folks often mis-underestimate me.

It's been like that all my life.

So...I keep a warlike scowl on my face, an alert and aware posture, and a firearm nearby at all times.

Lots of people think I'm bat-crap crazy.

Seems to be working for me so far...

:):

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Next month will be 21 years married for me. You got three years on me. Big deal. Just shows to go you we're both friggin' nuts. ;)

Don't make me come up there.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I guess in the end I didnt need it, But this dude had a crazy look about him. I figured he was in need of some Crack money or something, but I definately would have felt better had I been armed. Before I left the parking lot I got walmarts number off of my reciept, and called and told them about the guy, I didnt want someone else to get Jacked by this dude. they said they would alert security about him. But I do ONLY wear Sweatpants to Walmart, and the Gym, I just happened to be wearing them to lounge around the house that night. But I did have a couple of 300 pound toothless chicks hit on me in the store, It must have been the sweats !!!

Top Bottom