• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I went to the range today and just could not seem to get comfortable with my guns. I wasn't attempting to do any long range shooting, but maybe 7-20 yards, doing 50-round drills with my Shield and P226. I was missing more than I should have or normally have and I just felt uncomfortable. Has this ever happened to you? What did you do about it? :dunno:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's happened to me. The first 50-100 rounds I just couldn't hit anything at all.

The last time it happened, I made myself shoot another 150 rounds, and I found that my aim got better.

I don't know if it was stress, anticipation, or what. But I just shoot more rounds than what I had planned to, and my aim is better.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Went to the Bar, got drunk picked up a Strange woman and had wild freaky circus sex, until I sobered up and noticed that the picture on her nightstand looked oddly like my Battalion XO...

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    This used to happen to me back in the day playing basketball. Had some days I couldn't hit anything. Just had to shoot thru it. Guess the same thing might apply here.

Of course I definitely see the merits of Jeremy's solution too! :yesway:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Not clinging to yer guns is the first step towards redemption. Come into the light.

"I must be god because when I pray it feels like I'm talking to myself."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    lost-mojo.jpg

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Yes, I most definitely have. I'm an assistant coach for a stable of amateur and pro MMA fighters, and one thing I've learned over the years is that if you having an "off" day, DO NOT train that day. I use "train" in a strict sense of a session meant to improve skills. If you are having an off day, shoot for fun. Do some trick shots, shoot some jugs filled with food dye; whatever. Come back the next time focused and ready, and then we can coach you again.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Dry firing helps me at times, or switching to a long gun for a bit to change focus.

Or just add metal on the iPod...

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    If you are having an off day said:
    I do the same thing. Some range days are really good. Some range days are average. Some range days, just plain suck. When the accuracy starts to drop off during a range session, I toss some golf balls out on to the backstop and have fun. Clears my mind and then go back to drills.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    When it happens to me I put that gun away and get out my 22 and start shooting at little pieces of clay birds that are always scattered around down at the 100 yd berm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went to the Bar, got drunk picked up a Strange woman and had wild freaky circus sex, until I sobered up and noticed that the picture on her nightstand looked oddly like my Battalion XO...

Did that rectify the situation?????????????

yeah, happens to me as well. Anticipation, stress, mindset, all of the above.
    I just box everything up and go home. Clean the guns and try again another day with a clear head. It will come back.

Top Bottom