Have you ever just had to show you're armed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Actually if you point it at someone & it's loaded it's a felony. Assuming you weren't justified, of course.

Youare right, I meant that it was a misdemeanor even if the firearm was not loaded.And it's a felony if loaded.

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bacon and OC? I'm in. :)

I enjoy hearing the examples of the threats clearing out of Dodge when they see a gun.

I guess it's just not as exciting when they see an openly carried gun and avoid you to begin with. I don't have cool stories like that. :(

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    About a year ago my wife asked me to do something around the house. I looked at her and slid my shirt up to reveal my gun IWB. Then she charged at me and I just yelled "Okay, okay, okay - I'll do It"!:D

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I guess it's just not as exciting when they see an openly carried gun and avoid you to begin with. I don't have cool stories like that. :(

That's why I started doing it as soon as I could (once I left IllAnnoy). I'd like to avoid a repeat performance entirely.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Bacon and OC? I'm in. :)

I enjoy hearing the examples of the threats clearing out of Dodge when they see a gun.

You can surprise them with the OC spray that you CC. :D

"Wait this guy has a gun on his hip but he's going for his inside pocket :dunno: ... OH MY EYES!! :(" :):

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Was just sitting remembering an incident that happened to me quite a few years ago at lafayette square. I was home on leave for Christmas from the Corp. and my girl wanted to go shopping. We were walking down the mall and I see three male teenagers (I assume) walking toward us....well they were three across and taking up the whole walkway....we tried moving to one side and the one closest to me shoulders me hard as they walked by. Obviously on purpose, so I turned around around and said "Dude WTF" and his reply was "shut up MF'er or I'll put a cap in your ass" and made a pistol with his fingers. Well I just stopped and they turned and started walking back towards us. Well being a young Marine full of **** and vinager I told them to **** off and slid my coat back showing my G19 I had IWB. Well they couldn't get away fast enough which actually surprised me.... I was expecting big problems because they were of age to be packing. Gangs were just getting started in that area. Looking back now I realize how stupid I was and would just blow it off, but got me wondering.

Have you ever had to just show you were armed to defuse a situation?

Nope. Never had a problem with people throwing a shoulder into me, then agian I look like a linebacker and most people would end up on their ass if they tried. Thats not what you asked was it, never had to show my gun either.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    About a year ago I was driving home from work on 86th st, west of 465... And this car full of teens (I counted 5) were acting like they were wanting to run me off the road. He then got in front of me not once, but twice and braked checked me after that. When they pulled in the lane next to me to try it again, I got my 1911 out and racked one in there and kinda waved at em with it... They completely stopped in the road, which was stupid because I could have too but just kept driving...

Stupid situation if I do say so...

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought someone might of cought that ha. I unload before I head into work and keep it in my car. Just so happens I didn't rack before I pulled away

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    This happened a couple years ago. I was on my way home, late one night. This J.A. was riding my bumper, close enough to clearly read "FORD" in my rearview, kept flashing his lights, honking, and weaving. I slowed to let him pass, tried to remove myself from the situation, by going a different direction, but this person kept on. Finally, I decided that this person was up to no good. I made it very obvious I was reaching for something, but never showed my weapon. As soon as I closed the console, the J.A. ripped into a driveway and went the other direction. They disappeared as quickly as they appeared.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    A couple of years ago my brother and I were walking to the grocery store about 3 blocks from my house. While walking behind a bar, we saw a guy we knew and a friend of his.
    We stop to ****-chat, when the unkown guy starts messing with my brother. Dave (the guy we know) told him not to mess with my brother he carries a gun. The guy says "I'll take it away from him".
    At this point I raise my shirt and say " When you try to take his I'll be pulling mine".
    We have known Dave since I was about 5yrs old, Dave looks at me and my brother, back to his friend and says "if he pulls his, I'm pulling mine and your ass is in trouble. Do not mess with either one of these guys".

Thats the only time I have ever flashed my gun or even thought about having to pull it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've never had to brandish/show my weapon to anyone and I wouldn't in that situation either.

However, if 3 punks were taking up all of the space on purpose and didn't attempt to move AFTER I had already shown I was politely trying to get out of the way, my shoulder would have hurt more than said douche bag's when he walked by.

Last edited:

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Only had to pull once in almost 20 years of carrying a firearm (other than target shooting and checking strange noises in the house at night)

It was in 1998 I was with my buddy and his girlfriend in the drive thru at the Taco-Bell on Lincoln Way in Mishawaka about 2am. An SUV pulls in behind us at the order box and starts revving and honking. thinking nothing of it we continue ordering and pull forward. a teen (or early 20s) kid gets out of the passenger side of the SUV and walks up to the car. He starts pounding on the passenger side window where my friends girl (all of 95 lbs) is sitting and he starts cussing and saying "not so funny now huh?" (apparently he thought that we were laughing at him...??) it was at this point that he stopped pounding the window and tried pulling the door open. I had my Ruger p89 on me and pulled it from my waistband and tapped the window with it. The kid ran back to his buddy in the truck and they drove over the median and sped away. The cashier called the police and we filed a brief report with an officer. the police didn't even check my weapon but did ask for my LTCH.

Top Bottom