• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    That's mostly what I meant, that they'll draw when they are getting into a situation.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about my 'right to draw' if I feel truly threatened. Judged by 12, as they say.

True, but if I feel truly threatened, then you better believe that my pistol is going to go from holster to aimpoint and nothing in between.

I think we both have the same idea:D

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    1 time a few years back, 3 drunk guys were trying to open my apartment door, by the time I got my gun and opened the door they had realized they were at the wrong door and apologized. (they never even seen the gun)

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I notice a few members stating that they drew their gun but did not point it. They just kept it down as a warning. IMO, if I felt threatened enough to draw, the BG is staying in my sights untill the threat is over. I don't understand the logic of drawing and just holding the gun to your side. A premature draw perhaps?...:dunno:
    I can only speak for my case, and I assume the other, similar tale, the late night attempted break-in by someone who was presumably intoxicated. I pulled my gun from its nighttime storage in one area of the apartment and moved to the threat in another area. I wasn't wearing a proper holster to carry the gun (although the sight of me in my skivvies probably rates a place on the force continuum right next to tear gas) so low ready was the only reasonable way to carry the gun.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I can only speak for my case, and I assume the other, similar tale, the late night attempted break-in by someone who was presumably intoxicated. I pulled my gun from its nighttime storage in one area of the apartment and moved to the threat in another area. I wasn't wearing a proper holster to carry the gun (although the sight of me in my skivvies probably rates a place on the force continuum right next to tear gas) so low ready was the only reasonable way to carry the gun.

This is obviously the correct thing to do in this situation, and I have personally done similar...(only to find a false alarm) I would argue though, that in this situation, your nightstand was your holster ;)

I mostly sleep naked but I would hope that my 3w LED would blind him enough:laugh:

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    drawn twice never fired

I have only drawn my weapon twice and i have only been carrying for almost 3 years. I was at a taco bell up north by south bend one time on a road trip and a guy came in and just stood there for a bit, then he reached in his jacket and walked to the counter, i quickly reacted and just moved my shirt and pulled it out of the holster facing the ground not him. he quickly turned and walked out of the building. the manager called the police and he was arrested down the street. The other time was when I first got home from basic training and caught my girlfriend with her ex. I walked into my apartment and he jumped up and got in my face and quickly showed me that he was carrying a 9mm on his side. i just kinda laughed at him and reached in the small of my back and showed him my g23. he apologized for what he had done and left. I dont feel that i had to draw but I was scared so I did.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I just remembered, I have drawn once. Haha.

It was late at night and I was asleep when I heard a really loud thump on my bedroom door, the sound of a body crashing into it while the handle was trying to be turned at the same time. I sleep with it locked, so he was unable to gain entry. There was a pause at the door, during which I stood up and grabbed my gun, sliding it out of the holster. The sound made him speak up, it was my roommate. He's an officer for IUPD, so he definitely knows the sound of gunmetal on kydex. I was about to say, "Identify." But he beat me to it.

All in all, it was an interesting event. He was trying to go to the bathroom because his girlfriend was in his and I have on in my room.

.fourfive

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    bloomington, IN
    I was sitting at my desk reading harry potter when BOOM, the front window exploded. so i grabbed the xd and went for the noise (muzzle pointed at the earth) and procedeed to find my roommates girlfriend yelling at my roommate and threatening to put another hammer threw another window......the cops were called. The ****ed up part is that they told me if i wanted to press charges against her that i would have to go to jail too for pointing a firearm at someone.......

So I went back to reading harry potter while the cops had thier way with my roommate.

)

Last edited by a moderator:

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    25 years of carrying on a daily basis , I have never drawn my weapon.
    A wise judge from Hendricks county , a man of few words , once said , "if it clears leather it better go bang" , words I will never forget , words that I now live by.

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    25 years of carrying on a daily basis , I have never drawn my weapon.
    A wise judge from Hendricks county , a man of few words , once said , "if it clears leather it better go bang" , words I will never forget , words that I now live by.

I don't understand the quote completely. Was he implying that you'd better carry a firearm with penetration capacity, or...?

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Never had to draw mine.

I don't understand the quote completely. Was he implying that you'd better carry a firearm with penetration capacity, or...?
    It means don't draw your gun unless your life/body is in serious danger and you have no option but to use justifiable deadly force.

I had to draw my gun once in my life, my friend and I were in a jeep behind a car coming out of a shopping center and the car was just sitting there when their was no traffic, my friend, who was driving, honked at him and he got out with a bat, I exited the vehicle and drew my weapon and ask him to put the bat up, he complied and left, we went on our way, gun wasn't pointed at him just pointed down at the ground.

I'm curious what you guys think about a couple of these scenarios...especially this ^ one. With no traffic (plenty of ways out), no risk of injury considering you're inside a car and he's got a bat...why step out of the car and pull a gun?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    One time. My niece's ex-husband was an abuser and thought he could walk into my parent's home and take her home.

Gunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Mooresville
    Years ago, as an apartment dweller, my expecting wife and I were sitting on our couch watching the tube when our door was busted in. Scared the crap out of both of us. I guess, out of instinct or reflex whatever you want to call it, I did a Sonny crocket roll straight to the dining room table, grabbed my little .380 and aimed directly at the intruder. Turned out that they were teens that were rough housing in the hallway and one pushed the other so hard that he busted through our door. I'll never forget the look on that kid's face. He thought it was over for him. I thank god that I didn't pull that trigger. I don't know if I could deal with it. I am however, glad that without hesitation, I was ready to defend my wife and unborn child.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    Never, But I did let a violent drunk see my holstered weapon and he jumped back 10 feet and said "go ahead and shoot me" I just walked away and called the police to come and clean up the mess he left in his pants and street.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I once had about 5 drunk kids want to jump on me. I was on a dark side of a gas station, they were about 25 feet and closing. Had they ran I wouldn't have had time. Had I shown fear I would have been in trouble, but the face plate of my JVC CD player in very little light looked like a Desert Eagle in their eyes the way I held it and told them they might want to rethink what they are doing. Bought me enough time to get in the truck and leave.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Years ago, as an apartment dweller, my expecting wife and I were sitting on our couch watching the tube when our door was busted in. Scared the crap out of both of us. I guess, out of instinct or reflex whatever you want to call it, I did a Sonny crocket roll straight to the dining room table, grabbed my little .380 and aimed directly at the intruder. Turned out that they were teens that were rough housing in the hallway and one pushed the other so hard that he busted through our door. I'll never forget the look on that kid's face. He thought it was over for him. I thank god that I didn't pull that trigger. I don't know if I could deal with it. I am however, glad that without hesitation, I was ready to defend my wife and unborn child.

I can tell you are a good story teller, because I completely pictured that whoile scenario! :laugh:

Top Bottom