Have you ever been asked to leave or kicked out of somewhere for OC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Be careful at the blueberry, just in case you didn't realize, there is an small Elementary School just east of the main food area. If your'e not from Plymouth, or depending on how you walked in, you wouldn't know the building is a school.

But it wouldn't matter unless you were actually ON school property. Traversing the property on your way into or out of the festival = verboten. Standing on the ground immediately adjacent to school-owned property = legal (unless you're committing some kind of other crime, at which time the additional charge of "committing X-crime within X-feet of a school" can be added)

-J-

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    But it wouldn't matter unless you were actually ON school property. Traversing the property on your way into or out of the festival = verboten. Standing on the ground immediately adjacent to school-owned property = legal (unless you're committing some kind of other crime, at which time the additional charge of "committing X-crime within X-feet of a school" can be added)

-J-

Yes I understand, a miss is as good as a mile, lol. Some events (a stage and seating area ) are on school property, hence the warning.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was asked by my brothers wife to not carry my gun to the family Thanksgiving dinner....at my moms house....which I OWN. I just laughed and let my sister handle it, she's good at that type of thing.:):

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Bloomington Wendys, I was told to take my gun to the car or I would not be served... I took the G17 to the car came back in purchased my Spicy Nugs the Manager said "Thanks for being understanding" In which I replied "no worries I still have my 45(G30), you just can't see it".

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Had a lady at walmart (not an employee) come up to me and ask
    " Is that a gun ?"...
    without even looking her way I said nope Im just glad to see ya
    and kept on walkin ...

Never heard another Peep //

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Bloomington Wendys, I was told to take my gun to the car or I would not be served... I took the G17 to the car came back in purchased my Spicy Nugs the Manager said "Thanks for being understanding" In which I replied "no worries I still have my 45(G30), you just can't see it".

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

This is priceless! I wish I could have been there to see the manager's face when you said that.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Be careful at the blueberry, just in case you didn't realize, there is an small Elementary School just east of the main food area. If your'e not from Plymouth, or depending on how you walked in, you wouldn't know the building is a school.

Thanks for the heads up, I saw the signs for the school and was careful.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    OC during the summer and winter if a jacket is not needed. I have never been asked to leave but was once asked by a Marsh manager (that I go to all the time) if I was an officer. When I told him no but I do have a license to carry it he said that he was just checking we talked a little more and nothing more was said.

Now I said that I go there all the time and every one knows me there a few of the register girls and I are on first name basis and the asst manager sees me OCing all the time. They all appologized and said that he had only been there for two weeks and came from a rougher area. I told them it was fine he had the right to ask and that I was not offended.

I have never been approached there again.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Never been asked to leave anywhere for OCing but did have a incident at a gun shop. After I paid for my new holster, the man behind the counter reminded me there was a "No loaded firearms allowed" sign just inside the door. Haven't been back since.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    No problems yet.

I switched to a raven OWB holster a few weeks ago and Its impossible to notice my G21. Before I switched, I have been asked at Wallymart " Is that a gun" and then always "Are you a cop" and I politely smile and say no Im not but Ive had my permit for twenty years and no further comments are made and I just keep doing what Im doing and dont make a big deal about it. If someone would make a comment I would totally ignore it.....Most people have no idea you can carry a gun. Ignorance is bliss....and dangerous... I always tell folks you can carry too if you get you ltch.. and they are surprised.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    i cc everywhere i do minus banks and places that have signs/stickers saying not to carry, i have a few times had to oc due to no sweatshirt on because i had to take off my coat to eat at a tgifridays and red robin, i am kinda nervous i guess you can say to oc maybe because of my age 24, but i really think i want to get a lcp because during the summer it would be hard to cc my g19

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    Cc 99% of the time, including banks. I do appreciate reading others encounters to prepare for the time I might get "made." With a good understanding of the law and a calm demeanor, it seems most situations can be resolved with some brief education to sheeple.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    i cc everywhere i [go] minus banks and places that have signs/stickers saying not to carry...

May I ask why you disarm to go into a bank? This is arguably one of the most likely places to encounter an armed crook. Does your bank post anti-gun signage?

When I lived in South Carolina, I banked at Carolina First. My accounts had been there for a bit over 2 years and one day they put up "No Guns" signs.

I immediately walked into the bank (still carrying concealed of course) and closed my accounts. Essentially I asked to speak with the bank manager, and I explained to him that I had been carrying concealed into his bank for the past 2 years and that my gun had never magically jumped out of its holster and robbed them on its own. I explained that the signs merely prevent law-abiding citizens from carrying not the robbers who are already planning on breaking a huge law and couldn't care less about breaking a small company policy.

Anyway, it was corporate policy, his hands were tied, yada yada. So, I closed out my accounts.

I went down to Bank of America, opened with them, and was with them until we left SC to move back home (Indiana).

I am now with Chase, and even though they aren't a "pro-gun" bank per se, I Open Carry into my branch often, and I have yet to get so much as a questioning look.

CCing should be perfectly fine into any private bank. I OC and have yet to get hassled.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Four days ago I was asked to leave Kohl's. First time I have ever had a negative encounter from a business for OC.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was once asked politely if I would secure my handgun in my vehicle so as not to potentially alarm any other customers that might walk in.
    This was at a very small computer shop in Indy where a friend was getting some computer upgrade done while we waited in the front lobby area.

I told him I'd just wait out in the parking lot so they'd be more apt to think I was casing the establishment before entering.

He winked and said thanks ;) - I don't think he got my sarcasm. :n00b:

That was in the early 90s and the only time I have ever had a negative encounter from a business for OC.

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    I was 18 in both case's.

I got kicked off of IUPUI's campus. When I was on the public sidewalk.
    "I had been on the campus earlier, but when the police got there I had moved to the side walk."

I have also gotten kicked out of krogers on the west side. Me and my father where oc'ing getting some groceries. When the manager asked us to take them out to the car or cover them up. So since he asked nice we both covered them up. Then as we are heading up to the check-out we get stoped by a park ranger and a impd officer accompanied with the manger that had asked us to cc. "It turns out right after he asked us to cc he went and called the cops on us even after we both told him we had our LTCH's."

The Impd officer has me up aginst one of the freezers that they keep the frozen foods in.He takes my gun pats me down, yells at me not to move.He takes my knife and all the papers in my pockets then goes threw them. He then trys to figur out how drop the mag out of my gun. I have to tell him. Then he clears the chamber. All of the time while I was telling him i have my LTCH in my wallet.After he goes trough my wallet he takes out my LTCH and calls it in along with the numbers on my H&K and checks my DL.

Then once it all comes back clean he unloads my pistol "Takes every bullet out of the mag" and tells me to put the bullets in one pocket, the mag in the other and the gun in my holster and not to load it till i get back home and then would not give me my gun until i did as he said.

My father who was also oc'ing only got his Gun taken for "LEO safety" and his LTCH ran, then given back to him. Then after I had gotten my gun back I proceeded to load my mag as I left the store, with the officer right next to me the whole time and the second I steped out the door i put the mag back in the gun and racked the slide.

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I was 18 in both case's.

I got kicked off of IUPUI's campus. When I was on the public sidewalk.
    "I had been on the campus earlier, but when the police got there I had moved to the side walk."

I have also gotten kicked out of krogers on the west side. Me and my father where oc'ing getting some groceries. When the manager asked us to take them out to the car or cover them up. So since he asked nice we both covered them up. Then as we are heading up to the check-out we get stoped by a park ranger and a impd officer accompanied with the manger that had asked us to cc. "It turns out right after he asked us to cc he went and called the cops on us even after we both told him we had our LTCH's."

The Impd officer has me up aginst one of the freezers that they keep the frozen foods in.He takes my gun pats me down, yells at me not to move.He takes my knife and all the papers in my pockets then goes threw them. He then trys to figur out how drop the mag out of my gun. I have to tell him. Then he clears the chamber. All of the time while I was telling him i have my LTCH in my wallet.After he goes trough my wallet he takes out my LTCH and calls it in along with the numbers on my H&K and checks my DL.

Then once it all comes back clean he unloads my pistol "Takes every bullet out of the mag" and tells me to put the bullets in one pocket, the mag in the other and the gun in my holster and not to load it till i get back home and then would not give me my gun until i did as he said.

My father who was also oc'ing only got his Gun taken for "LEO safety" and his LTCH ran, then given back to him. Then after I had gotten my gun back I proceeded to load my mag as I left the store, with the officer right next to me the whole time and the second I steped out the door i put the mag back in the gun and racked the slide.

I call :bs:.

That kind of stuff never happens.

There must be more to the story or you are simply completely fabricating the entire situation just to bash innocent LEO's.

Without a date, time (to the second), officer name & badge number & a detailed description of the clothes that the manager was wearing then it didn't happen.

Shame on you.

Read the above in a VERY purple color if you have any doubt about the intent of my post.

Top Bottom