• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    What concerns me the most is that politicians are just that, politicians. Most of them treat their responsibilities as a game. They carefully calculate their moves to advance their own political career even if it means they may have to compromise their own principals (if they even have any principals). They will even gamble with our principals if they think it will eventually work out in their favor. No, I agree with those that say don't become complacent. We all have seen politicians reverse their views and votes too many times.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Guys... Don't get complacent.... NOTHING in the media can be believed! They have a history of twisting facts and I personally wouldn't put it past them to run something like this hoping we back off and the legislation flies through under our radar.

Yep keep sending messages to your reps 2-3 times a week. It is not hard...just do it!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Now is not the time to celebrate or let your guard down. Remember there is still the UN Small Arms Trade Treaty to contend with. What they can't pass with legislation they may try with a treaty.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think we should all worry about the Dems taking the House. I recall Senator Reid saying several times that he didn't see the purpose in bringing items up to a Senate floor vote that might be controversial if there was no chance of it getting through the House.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Do not miss the fact, that according to the article a, "gun control bill package [IS] heading to the senate floor next month."

Did y'all miss that?

An AWB doesn't have to be part of it to royally screw things up. They're perfectly capable of accomplishing that without an AWB.

Keep those calls, cards, and letters going to your senators.

bottlemaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fairmount.in
    You don't think that perhaps Fox or the like would point out if other media outlets were lying about something like the inclusion of an item in a bill? C'mon, I don't trust the media to get the details right but this isn't Pravda. Our "media" isn't one monolithic institution, and nothing this big is 'flying under the radar'. The elected officials already know how big this issue is and that any changes will be big news.

Another article:

Assault weapons ban loses steam - John Bresnahan and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

I know Dem=gun control is popular here, but how many remember that Reid voted AGAINST renewing the Clinton AWB? I've been telling you guys since the first hint of this mess from Feinstein that enough Democrats remember the thrashing they took after the '94 AWB that even with their slim majority this wasn't going anywhere in the Senate, and even if it did it wouldn't get through the House.

Just remember the Congress will be home until April we need to make a appearance at their home office and make sure they know that we don't want any new gun laws .

Last edited:

bottlemaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fairmount.in
    Yup...Breitbart has a real history of being a puppet mouthpiece for liberals.

Feinstein's AWB pipe dream has always been doubtful to be passed, even post-Newtown. And as the article mentioned, Harry Reid has to concern himself with maintaining Democratic control of the Senate, and Ms. Feinstein need not worry about reelection in San Francisco.

That said, celebrate nothing until bills are OFFICIALLY dead, but maybe just a little rationale is beginning taking the place of emotion in Washington...just a little.

Your wrong about Britbart they are very conservati their the ones that made all undercover tapes about Acorn and help put them out of business ,
    Bob

bottlemaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fairmount.in

Feinstein's AWB pipe dream has always been doubtful to be passed, even post-Newtown. And as the article mentioned, Harry Reid has to concern himself with maintaining Democratic control of the Senate, and Ms. Feinstein need not worry about reelection in San Francisco.

That said, celebrate nothing until bills are OFFICIALLY dead, but maybe just a little rationale is beginning taking the place of emotion in Washington...just a little.

Your wrong about Breitbart they are very conservati their the ones that made the under cover tapes about Acorn and brought them to their keens.
    Bob

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just remember that the first AWB was introduced and passed as an amendment. Yes, the numbers aren’t on her side this time – as long as everyone votes as expected. But, yeah, until it’s dead on the Senate floor, I’m concerned.

The AWB will still be offered as an amendment by Feinstein.

“My understanding is it will not be [part of the base bill],” Feinstein said. “It will be separate.”

-rvb

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    What will I do with those $3000 ar's and $60 pmags..................................

I do feel sorry for all those who paid those high prices............

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Just remember the Congress will be home until April we need to make a appearance at their home office and make sure they know that we don't want any new gun laws .

Would it be ill advised to call Mrs. Feinswine and [STRIKE] laugh[/STRIKE] congratulate her on her monumental loss? I want to really bad.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN

actually Breitbart is not a liberal mouthpiece it is a conservative/tea party/right wing mouth piece, you need get facts straight

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    It makes me proud of my Texas senators when I read this stuff. When I heard this I thought they were chopping it in half to get the standard-capacity magazines banned. This is better news than I thought.

Top Bottom