• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Guys... Don't get complacent.... NOTHING in the media can be believed! They have a history of twisting facts and I personally wouldn't put it past them to run something like this hoping we back off and the legislation flies through under our radar.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What do you guys think about magazines? Especially +10 round mags. They are starting to become more common and cheaper. The AR-15 lancer mags are going for $40 on cheaperthandirt.com. I am quite fond of those since you can see how many bullets are in the mag. But I know I bought them for less. Still makes you wonder. Any thoughts on whether the mags will drop in price? or is this a buying opportunity?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't put down your arms men, the enemy already has a 2nd wave coming. We need to steady our resolve. The 1st battle is waining, but the war rages on.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Guys... Don't get complacent.... NOTHING in the media can be believed! They have a history of twisting facts and I personally wouldn't put it past them to run something like this hoping we back off and the legislation flies through under our radar.

Yup...Breitbart has a real history of being a puppet mouthpiece for liberals.

Feinstein's AWB pipe dream has always been doubtful to be passed, even post-Newtown. And as the article mentioned, Harry Reid has to concern himself with maintaining Democratic control of the Senate, and Ms. Feinstein need not worry about reelection in San Francisco.

That said, celebrate nothing until bills are OFFICIALLY dead, but maybe just a little rationale is beginning taking the place of emotion in Washington...just a little.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You don't think that perhaps Fox or the like would point out if other media outlets were lying about something like the inclusion of an item in a bill? C'mon, I don't trust the media to get the details right but this isn't Pravda. Our "media" isn't one monolithic institution, and nothing this big is 'flying under the radar'. The elected officials already know how big this issue is and that any changes will be big news.

Another article:

Assault weapons ban loses steam - John Bresnahan and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

I know Dem=gun control is popular here, but how many remember that Reid voted AGAINST renewing the Clinton AWB? I've been telling you guys since the first hint of this mess from Feinstein that enough Democrats remember the thrashing they took after the '94 AWB that even with their slim majority this wasn't going anywhere in the Senate, and even if it did it wouldn't get through the House.

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    Just remember that the first AWB was introduced and passed as an amendment. Yes, the numbers aren’t on her side this time – as long as everyone votes as expected. But, yeah, until it’s dead on the Senate floor, I’m concerned.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Dems are being told "it's different this time" for a reason. BHO is twisting the arms of gun-friendly Dems with the promise that the '94 bruising will not repeat. Lock step. If enough of us keep the pressure on, I believe they will break. 2A is not - or should not - be a Dem-Rep thing. There are 2A friendly Dems, but they're being ham-stringed by BHO and the administration. Keep the pressure on!!!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yup...Breitbart has a real history of being a puppet mouthpiece for liberals.

Feinstein's AWB pipe dream has always been doubtful to be passed, even post-Newtown. And as the article mentioned, Harry Reid has to concern himself with maintaining Democratic control of the Senate, and Ms. Feinstein need not worry about reelection in San Francisco.

That said, celebrate nothing until bills are OFFICIALLY dead, but maybe just a little rationale is beginning taking the place of emotion in Washington...just a little.

That's the problem, though: nothing is ever "officially dead." They are only indefinitely delayed.

All this means is that perhaps we've bought some time before they try their next shenanigan.

May all their GC efforts be epic backfires like this most recent one was.

Compare the number of states that issues concealed carry before the AWB with the number who do afterward.

Nothing encourages an American to exercise his right like trying to take it away from him.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Never underestimate the ability or willingness of the political class to slip the crap in at the last minute in the middle of the night when they assume no one is watching.
    We must remain vigilent and remind our public servants that we believe the 2A means just what it says.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    DiFiAK47_AP.jpg

I ask is there anything more scary than this?, (pic taken from article) Oh, will someone instruct Dianne on the 4 basic rules of firearm safety?

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    For Whatever reason, the Dems think they will retake the house next year. They'll bring it back if they do.

Been my thought as well...

Failure to act on AWB/UBC now increases the chance they take over both houses... which improves the odds of the bill passing later.

Passing the bill now means they don't take over the house and puts holding the majority in the senate at risk.

Majority Leadership isn't looking at this from the standpoint of whether the bill should be passed or not. They are doing their job to ensure they maintain the majority.

-rvb

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    DiFiAK47_AP.jpg

I ask is there anything more scary than this?, (pic taken from article) Oh, will someone instruct Dianne on the 4 basic rules of firearm safety?

No it's ok, it's unloaded. She's one of the ugliest people I've seen. On a lighter note, I would like to have that gun she's holding...:ar15:

Never get relaxed about the AWB. They'll try to get it while no one is watching so don't quit contacting your officials.:patriot:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Hasta La Vista Assault Weapons Ban

Also the universal background checks may not make it either, now can things finally get back to normal!

I believe you can thank Mr. Reid for this. The LAST thing he wanted to see was this bill come before the Senate and him being forced to vote on it.

You recall that Mr. Reid is a serious-leftist-liberal from a pro-gun state (NV). He's been closely challenged in the last two elections for his seat by a Republican. Mr. Reid must walk a very fine line as his support for Sen. Feinstein's S.150 would almost certainly push him just far enough under-water in the next election to give the edge to his opponent.

This way he can quietly remain liberal but not have to cast a vote that could cost him his job.

Top Bottom