• ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A guy had one at ECPR today.

We compared it to a M&P9 and it is the same size etc. the weight was less due to the alloy slide. fit and finish also looked good.

The owner of the M&P9 shot the 22 and said the trigger felt good.

the owner put 300 CCI mini mags down range.

He told us he didnt do anything to the gun. At first it had some light firing pin hits then it cleared up. For off the shelf to the range and not being cleaned the gun ran very well.

This one also had a threaded barrel. I haven't looked at the specs if they all come that way or not but it is going to give the mosquito a run for the money.

dyoung707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Mooresville
    This one also had a threaded barrel. I haven't looked at the specs if they all come that way or not but it is going to give the mosquito a run for the money.

Thinking about selling the mosquito and getting one, but I need more range reports to see if it's worth the extra money.

dyoung707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Mooresville
    M&p 22

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5399&pictureid=17632

Picked one up yesterday, I'll take it to the range today and see what it likes.
    picture.php

Last edited:

dyoung707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Mooresville
    Before firing had to get used to the mag spring thumb stud on the opposite side as the mosquito's. No big deal at all, operates fine. However, the 12 rounder is nice. Also not used to a big safety above my knuckles, didn't notice after first few mags. I did like the windage and elevation adjustabe sights, but he rear is all black. Just wanted to see if finicky with ammo.

Mags 1-4 CCI Mini Mags 36g ran flawless.
    Mags 5-6 CCI Stingers 32G ran flawless.
    Mags 7-11 Federal bulk 36g ran flawless, last two were rapid fire.
    Mags 12-15 Remington Thunderbolt 40g ("the cheap stuff") ran flawless
    Mags 16-17 Remington subsonic 38g FAILURE to hold open on last shot of 2nd mag.
    Mags 18-19 Federal lightening 40g, both mags FTE first round rapid fired the rest fine. I never shoot this stuff anyway, just wanted it for this test.
    Mag 20 Back to the stingers because I like the boom they make, and ran flawless.
    Mags 21-22 Mini Mags again and ran flawless.
    Mags 23-26 Federal Bulk again and ran flawless.

FIELD STRIP AND CLEANING.

Mags 27-40 Federal bulk had one failure to feed on mag 32.

Failure summary:
    1. One failure to hold open Rem subsonic mag 17
    2 and 3. Two FTE's Fed lightening mag's 18 and 19
    4. one fairure to feed fed bulk mag 32

I usually shoot CCI's and Fed bulk 100% of the time combined. So only one feed problem with this ammo IMO is pretty good for an autoloader, and it was the bulk. Less then 1% for all ammo shot. I had a great time shooting almost 500 rounds for under $30. I have two complaints after shooting it. One, trying to decide if I want to sell the Mosquito. Two, I'm only 2 months in with the BAFTE for my Huntertown Guardian to put on the threaded barrel.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    http://youtu.be/0pyCru92l8A

Anyone know where I could get one In Central indy? Still looking. Missed my first opportunity on buds and 21st century.

If you still haven't found one by the time the next Indy 1500 rolls around next month, you might want to make a visit to the fairgrounds. No dealer in my area has them in stock so I am thinking about trying to pick one up at the 1500.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    What is the street price? It is hard to tell, since so many online vendors are either out, or not in yet. It is also hard to search since S&W also has that AR like .22 pistol. Thanks!

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Yeah it was me. Im very intrested if you guys can work with me on it and shipping. Also if you could honor the website price (different than what told on phone) Pm me if so.

Last edited:

dyoung707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Mooresville
    I paid $400 after $20 transfer fee. I sure as supply meets demand it will probably settle around $320-$350 plus tax. However, I like the low SN, and being able to shoot it now.

Top Bottom