0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    ????

Ruger mark series
    Ruger Charger
    Countless brands of revolvers in 22
    Countless brands of caliber exchange kits and 22 uppers
    Almost every big maker out there has very ergonomic 22 handguns and many of them in the same price bracket.

i was refering to slide-action
    not wheelguns.
    not ruger-lugers
    not a fancy new slide for your old 1911. if i wanted a 1911/22 i woulda just got a base model chiappa and bought a couple boxes of ammo with the change, and maybe a cheese burger.

i wanted the p22 but had to go with a used mosquito. (good little shooter)

ergonomic for you and i are two different things my friend. not everyone can put their wife's wedding ring on. i actually have pretty hammish palms with skinny fingers. so fit and finish is not always the same for me. believe me ive handed about 50 different 22's in the last year. owning a 22 that matches your carriers in every way helps with keeping trained up anyway. my :twocents:

camping on this m&p because i really love the fit of its bigger brothers in the pro frame size. and the price is fair i think. smith did a smart one making this.

if someone picks one up let me know how the trigger is kay? thanks :ingo: :)

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    i was refering to slide-action
    not wheelguns.
    not ruger-lugers
    not a fancy new slide for your old 1911. if i wanted a 1911/22 i woulda just got a base model chiappa and bought a couple boxes of ammo with the change, and maybe a cheese burger.

i wanted the p22 but had to go with a used mosquito. (good little shooter)

ergonomic for you and i are two different things my friend. not everyone can put their wife's wedding ring on. i actually have pretty hammish palms with skinny fingers. so fit and finish is not always the same for me. believe me ive handed about 50 different 22's in the last year. owning a 22 that matches your carriers in every way helps with keeping trained up anyway. my :twocents:

camping on this m&p because i really love the fit of its bigger brothers in the pro frame size. and the price is fair i think. smith did a smart one making this.

if someone picks one up let me know how the trigger is kay? thanks :ingo: :)

Then why make a statement that we need more 22 guns when you were looking for a Striker fired M&P22 your statement makes no sense. A glock with a 22 kit or an xdm although I am not sure they have a 22 kit would have been the exact same thing except the glock would have crap for ergonomics and the xdm might leave you with a burning desire to trade your m&ps. I carry a sig with the large grip and can pick up a ruger mkII and not have a single complaint. This of course is my :twocents:

But whatever floats your boat captain vague.:dunno:

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    snow, after 200 rounds with xdm, i personally found the grip overly checkered and semi annoying. the gun ran like an absolute champ and earns my respect. just not for me.

ISSC makes a glock style dedicated 22. great price, hammer fired, no big. thought about it but like to handle them before i buy them. since i own the g3 g22.

that m&p swing-safety bottom trigger just puts me in happy place.

no doubts in my mind a mark 2 ruger is an absolute nail driver. jus not what im lookin for.

the one bummer on this M&P 22, though correct me if im wrong. that backstrap looks fixed? :/

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    thankya clay, i thought that. just did not know for sure. totally pulling the trigger on this one. a person can never own enough 22s, nor can there ever be too many designed.

now to go bug my ffl.. :P

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Then why make a statement that we need more 22 guns when you were looking for a Striker fired M&P22 your statement makes no sense. A glock with a 22 kit or an xdm although I am not sure they have a 22 kit would have been the exact same thing except the glock would have crap for ergonomics and the xdm might leave you with a burning desire to trade your m&ps. I carry a sig with the large grip and can pick up a ruger mkII and not have a single complaint. This of course is my :twocents:

But whatever floats your boat captain vague.:dunno:

lol, different strokes for different folks.

I've owned glocks, 1 XD, and then I bought my M&P9c. I then promptly sold the glocks and the XD, and bought more M&Ps. They fit me well, and made in the USA, have a great warranty, and thats what I want. You like something different, good for you!!! :)

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    thankya clay, i thought that. just did not know for sure. totally pulling the trigger on this one. a person can never own enough 22s, nor can there ever be too many designed.

now to go bug my ffl.. :P

I checked both models have a fixed backstrap

lol, different strokes for different folks.

I've owned glocks, 1 XD, and then I bought my M&P9c. I then promptly sold the glocks and the XD, and bought more M&Ps. They fit me well, and made in the USA, have a great warranty, and thats what I want. You like something different, good for you!!! :)

That was my point, but his original post of we need more hand friendly 22's left a lot of information out of it. I am also not a huge fan of striker fired guns but as you said different strokes and such.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Anyone had it apart yet to see if the APEX parts will work to make the trigger wonderful? I hope so, but not counting on it. Backstrap being fixed size seems like a mistake too. Thats one of the best features of the centerfire M&P!

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I checked both models have a fixed backstrap

That was my point, but his original post of we need more hand friendly 22's left a lot of information out of it. I am also not a huge fan of striker fired guns but as you said different strokes and such.

It is not striker fired. Check the video's I posted above

If you see one extra, tell me!

Likewise...central indy

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I think they look and feel pretty good. The new Walther still have the edge in fit and overall appearance IMO, but the M&P 22 is nice. I am still a huge fan of my GSG-1911 as well, it has served me well for what is nearing 25,000 rounds. I'd personally take any of the three, but if you already own an M&P (I do) it would be hard not to add one of these to the stable.

hoosierbulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    If you see one extra, tell me!
    Found one! Sorry I bought it yesterday. It's got a nice feel to it, I can't wait to shoot it. I had to drive a little to get it after hunting it down. Bought it at "Down By the Tracks" [site sponsor]...Great guys, good to deal with! Give them a shout, maybe they'll get more in soon.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom