Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh?

shot_000002.jpg

:D

Man, I have got to learn more about the functions and neat stuff....really.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All kidding aside. The OP is exactly the type of guy that made so many officers look at SB1 with uneasy eyes. You can't use deadly force on a police officer, or anyone else for that matter, simply because they came on to your property illegally. I find it troubling that no one corrected that fallacy. Most ppl, here at INGO, seem to know their stuff (at least compared to the public by in large), but outside of "us", how many share the OPs belief?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    All kidding aside. The OP is exactly the type of guy that made so many officers look at SB1 with uneasy eyes. You can't use deadly force on a police officer, or anyone else for that matter, simply because they came on to your property illegally. I find it troubling that no one corrected that fallacy. Most ppl, here at INGO, seem to know their stuff (at least compared to the public by in large), but outside of "us", how many share the OPs belief?

I know it rare that we disagree, Kut :hehe:, but it was the news media and the FOP that floated the 'Open Season on Cops' stories in the first place. OP is just drinking the koolaid.

To the OP:

Check the links that others have posted. Lots of discussion previously on the subject. SB1 did not declare open season on Police Officers. However, it did make good media fodder and caused a whole heap of butthurt.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm a Google man. My android phone won't let me search on ingo

Google.com:
    search for "sb1 site:ingunowners.com"

(don't use the quotes, quotes are significant to a Google search, I just used them to separate the search query from the rest of the post).

On my phone, although not android, it looks something like this:
    sb1search.png

According to Google... "About 285 results"

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Google.com:
    search for "sb1 site:ingunowners.com"

(don't use the quotes, quotes are significant to a Google search, I just used them to separate the search query from the rest of the post).

On my phone, although not android, it looks something like this:
    sb1search.png

According to Google... "About 285 results"

" weed" is a highly searched word on Google.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have interactions with LEO regularly. It comes with the area and the activity's such as the Speedway and the local Zomdie's so we are around them a lot. Most are fairly cool guy's some are aloof and a few butt heads as with any other group. Have only come around my house with weapons drawn one time and it was the LEO involved and how they approached us. No harm, no foul. Fugitive search and anxiety's were high on both sides.
    Deadly force should not be a standard greeting for anyone coming into your driveway. Well, unless you have reason to be scared.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I don't think the majority of people in this state have any idea knowledge of any of this.

As for correcting, if he takes the time to look at the other discussions we've had all will be clear.
    I know it rare that we disagree, Kut :hehe:, but it was the news media and the FOP that floated the 'Open Season on Cops' stories in the first place. OP is just drinking the koolaid.

I think the FOP should get the majority of the blame for this. The media ran with the story after speeches and press releases by the FOP. A big bunch of nonsense.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    .......Deadly force should not be a standard greeting for anyone coming into your driveway. Well, unless you have reason to be scared.

There are a few here that would otherwise make an argument for it.....especially if it were the police. :noway:

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I couldn't help but think about Clint and the M1. Nothing has said get off my lawn quite like this.
    Oh, wait, we were talking about SB1...... I lost track of thought. Before anyone goes off on me about violence toward LEOs..... I am LEO. Oh, and Clint told me to get off his lawn, cant argue with the Garand. I left, got a cup of coffee.
    picture.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom