• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Plainfield shooting supply had a few when I was there Wednesday and I had the chance to handle one, I most say tha the trigger was nice but for my taste the reset was quite long but overall it is way better than the double action of the LC9. For a minute a was excited but I would rather have a Shield.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I'd like to, but why torture myself? I just bought an LC9 10 months ago. Looks like I'm stuck with the hammer version. "Stuck" is a relative term considering it's been rock solid reliable.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Hickok's video is now up of the LC9S. I'm really liking the possibilities in my mind, I'll admit...

http://youtu.be/Opx_IFm0iQU

HOWEVER - that safety still nags me. Anyone who's got an LC9 or LC9S - is this the kind of safety you could leave off and forget (yes, I'm sure I just provoked at least half a dozen "train with the safety" people, but hear me out!) - ie, is it so easy to engage and disengage you'd best train on it like crazy, or is it like my wife's M&P Bodyguard 380, and so hard to move one direction or another that it isn't a problem?

Para19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Hickok's video is now up of the LC9S. I'm really liking the possibilities in my mind, I'll admit...

Ruger LC9s - YouTube

HOWEVER - that safety still nags me. Anyone who's got an LC9 or LC9S - is this the kind of safety you could leave off and forget (yes, I'm sure I just provoked at least half a dozen "train with the safety" people, but hear me out!) - ie, is it so easy to engage and disengage you'd best train on it like crazy, or is it like my wife's M&P Bodyguard 380, and so hard to move one direction or another that it isn't a problem?

I notice that you buy a new pistol and sell or trade it every few weeks. You have 46 ads for handguns for sale/trade in just over a year. Why worry about training on something you don't want?

Honest question.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I notice that you buy a new pistol and sell or trade it every few weeks. You have 46 ads for handguns for sale/trade in just over a year. Why worry about training on something you don't want?

Honest question.

Well! At least I've been judged! Yay!

Honest answer:

I'm searching for "the one" for carry. Think I find it only to find something that bugs me and pushes me on. I've not had an LC9 to judge from, so it was an honest question to pose to someone, I thought. Didn't realize I'd exceeded my allotment of buying and selling. Although I don't think there is one....

FWIW, I've had some guns I've kept for quite some time, if you must know. Not that I think it's anyone's business, necessarily.

I try a gun for a bit, "training" as much as I can with it between dry fire and live fire, carrying, etc. Then I either decide it works (keep it), or it doesn't for some reason (trade or sell). Sometimes I even sell one because I need some cash, then later buy another because I liked it.

Not that ANY of this really pertains to the topic at hand. Pretty sure the question was about the safety of the LC9, not my buying and selling habits....

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I do not have the S version of the LC9, I have the original. but it is my opinion that you could train either way with it. The safety is fairly easy to click off, but not so easy to click on due to it's size. YMMV

Para19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Well! At least I've been judged! Yay!

Honest answer:

I'm searching for "the one" for carry. Think I find it only to find something that bugs me and pushes me on. I've not had an LC9 to judge from, so it was an honest question to pose to someone, I thought. Didn't realize I'd exceeded my allotment of buying and selling. Although I don't think there is one....

FWIW, I've had some guns I've kept for quite some time, if you must know. Not that I think it's anyone's business, necessarily.

I try a gun for a bit, "training" as much as I can with it between dry fire and live fire, carrying, etc. Then I either decide it works (keep it), or it doesn't for some reason (trade or sell). Sometimes I even sell one because I need some cash, then later buy another because I liked it.

Not that ANY of this really pertains to the topic at hand. Pretty sure the question was about the safety of the LC9, not my buying and selling habits....

I worded that wrong. I didn't mean to offend nor was I judging you. I've only had a few handguns and ive had them for awhile now. I train with them and know them inside out, 2 are the same platform and one has similar controls. I do very much enjoy shooting different guns and I guess you get the benefit of knowing different platforms pretty well.

I do think the LC9S could be a good ccw. I have shot an LC9 many times and while i don't like it's trigger it does shoot well. I would expect the LC9S to be more enjoyable with the different trigger.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I had one offered to me today by a friend when I was on the way to Parabellum so I took it for a test run.. Reset IS fairly long, it has an active safety (some feel a real need for this so I would call it a plus since you can simply choose not to use it ) and recoil is what I would call "snappy" but not unpleasant. All in all I would consider it great CC piece.
    IMHO Ruger can stop making the LC9 because I can't imagine why someone would prefer it to the LC9s. I'm sure a LC380s is in the works and I would imagine that it will be a very lively seller also.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I always liked the lc9 minus the trigger so I'm quite liking what what the 9c9s seems to be.

Interestingly when the LC9s trademark was found by people online about a year ago freshly trademarked by Ruger there was also a trademark for a Ruger LC9XT. People guessed that the S version was for striker fired, but no one has any good guesses for what the XT version might be.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I ordered one last night from Cheaper than Dirt for $321 with free shipping! I'll check back in when I've had a chance to check it out.

Top Bottom