Has a seller ever changed price after agreeing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I may just be the kind of guy that cuts his nose off to spite his face. If it were me I wouldn't buy it. I don't do business with people like that.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I was going to buy a P99 from a Coworker and when I showed up to pay him he said he forgot to bring it and was not sure of price. I told him what we agreed on and now he is going to want more cash. I have finally saved my pennies and quarters and sold stuff to get this gun and now I am wondering if I should pass on buying it altogether. He has always been a standup guy and I realize he has just returned from back surgery and going through a divorce but it is still agrevating. Should I still buy if it is within my budget?

He wouldn't even exist to me after pulling that kind of crap.

You learned a lot about him very cheaply. Now don't waste the lesson.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to have to say pass on buying it. For one, that is kind of a raw deal to change the price after offering you a lower price.

More importantly, the QA trigger on P99's is dumb. If you're not going to get the SA trigger set, just get a Glock; it's virtually the same thing.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ive had buyers try to talk me down after i drove 1/2 hour to meat them. i refused thesale and raised the price 20 bucks. he had drove a good bit as well. i was not bluffing i was pissed and ready to cut my losses.

bigdaddy1427

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The price agreed on should be the price paid.
    I have sold cars on ebay before. The people get there and try to talk you down some more from the winning bid.
    It is really insulting. The price agreed on should be the price paid.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It was a month since we shook hands. I updated him several times of my status. I think it is (was) a good deal, an unfired all German Walther P99QA in 9mm with a spare factory mag at $375.If he only asks no more than $50 I will probably still take it. Thanks for the advise

A month?!!

That would make a difference. Most private parties are not interested in running a lay away plan for some one with more wanna than moolah.

Jeeze, when will I learn to ignore these threads. Whine whine, set up, and then a page later "one crucial little detail I forgot to mention..." , "we agreed on a price and I told them I'd take it and then left them hanging with the merchandise turning down offers for a month until they started to wonder if my mouth was ever going to get my butt up off of my wallet..."

Guess I'm the one who learned something about some one, really cheap too. My ignore list just got longer.

Last edited:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    The gun was never up on active sale by the way. I talked wiht him today and he said he wants $500 which is still a good price but I ept my money and went a bought a Taurus PT92 and alot of ammo. We have no hard feelings. I was not whining about what happened nor was I trying to get sypathy but I thank you all for your advise and insight.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I would walk away. A deal is a deal. I had a member from INGO leave me hanging before after agreeing to a trade. It kinda makes you wander what goes through peoples minds sometimes.

Top Bottom