• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Harry Reid Denies All Obamacare 'Horror Stories'; 'All Are Untrue' | The Weekly Standard

Hear that? You didn't lose your insurance, your premiums didn't go up, none of that jazz happened. It's just... *poof*... untrue.

I think Harry needs to address the more serious allegation of his pederasty.

Got me on that one. Had to look it up. My guess was close, but I'm clueless -- is there some scandal about Dingey Harry and little boys that I'm unaware of? Oh, please be true ...

And thanks for today's Word of the Day. I may never have much use for it, but now it's in my head, just in case.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got me on that one. Had to look it up. My guess was close, but I'm clueless -- is there some scandal about Dingey Harry and little boys that I'm unaware of? Oh, please be true ...

And thanks for today's Word of the Day. I may never have much use for it, but now it's in my head, just in case.

The revelation came out shortly after he blamed Mitt Romney for not paying taxes. Harry claimed he heard it from an unnamed friend, which he would not give the source. Harry made the claim, and expected Romney to defend it. This is common with Harry.

So, a number of people heard that Harry Reid was a pederast. Not going to say who... but it's up to Harry to prove otherwise. He has since called the allegations "cute", but refused to deny them

Breaking developments in Sen. Reid pederast scandal; Reid camp to Ace of Spades HQ: Allegations are ?cute,? refuses to deny | Twitchy

So, until he can prove otherwise, he is an alleged pederast.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville

Well..the man obviously struggles with insanity, so, chances are...there is SOMETHING there!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In order for leftists to believe the lie, the lie first has to be told. And the more it is repeated the more the leftists will go along with it.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Everything is AWESOME!"

Cue snappy dance music.

dancing-peanuts.png

Would be better if it were animated, but there ya go.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I suspect that every one of us out here in RealAmerica (TM) knows someone whose insurance has been cancelled and whose premiums have risen as a result of ObamaCare. I suspect many of us can name someone whose treatment for an ongoing medical problem has been hindered by the advent of the Affordable Care Act. No matter how much play this particular lie gets, I suspect all we have to do is ask our neighbors if they know anyone whose been adversely affected to prove Harry Reid is a lying liar.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Without wading into the quagmire of politics:

I have tried to be fairly frugal and wise with my money. As a result, I have a fair amount of assets. My land is free and clear and was by the time I was 26, I don't have any real debt.

I sold my business about a year ago and while I've been looking for another job, I have the luxury of trying to find something I enjoy doing, and meanwhile I've been getting much better at woodworking, which I enjoy and make a little (very little) money with.

So last month I decided before the deadline to see how much insurance was going to cost me, a 44 year old male with no chronic health issues. At the time, I had a part time temporary job and it combined with my woodworking, put my annual income JUST above where HIP kicks in. But I earn below the federal poverty level (funny, I didn't feel poor until they point it out) so I don't qualify for any tax breaks. So, my insurance for the rock bottom catastrophic coverage with the highest deductible, was $260 a month. That's right out of my pocket, no "subsidy", no tax break, nothing. And I am now forced to buy it from a private company or pay a penalty. That works out to be about 30% of what I will likely take home this year after various governmental agencies get their paws on it.

So yeah, I am one of the demographic the insurance industry is just drooling to be able to dip their mitts into my wallet. This year I am electing to pay the penalty. Unless I get a job that has insurance coverage as a part of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have insurance because I have a substantial amount to lose if I get sick or injured. But it's now structured so that a healthy person who works to take care of themselves and who worked hard to get what he has so that he could not have to work until death can't retire early and live frugally.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Right on Shibumi! You had better lock your assets up in a living trust or something...one accident while woodcutting could probably wipe you out! Make those assets invisible somehow.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I suspect that every one of us out here in RealAmerica (TM) knows someone whose insurance has been cancelled and whose premiums have risen as a result of ObamaCare. I suspect many of us can name someone whose treatment for an ongoing medical problem has been hindered by the advent of the Affordable Care Act. No matter how much play this particular lie gets, I suspect all we have to do is ask our neighbors if they know anyone whose been adversely affected to prove Harry Reid is a lying liar.

And this is precisely why the employer mandate was postponed until after the election. That list of folks you know is going to hit very much closer to home.
    The crazy thing is, these asshats will still get votes from their core supporters, and others who have actually been kicked off their insurance.

Top Bottom