Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    It says it takes 2 1/2 years to get a hearing if a foid card is denied. If I lived there, I would have moved a long time ago. My wife came from there. We got together and I told her that she should get a foid card. It turns out to be a lot more hastle then our ltch. it was a lot easier to move her here, marry her, and get her fixed up with a ltch then to stay there.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I hear all the time how people complain just about everything, I talk to a lot of people and try to put into perspective how good we have it here (you are able to protect yourself and your family without a big hassle). Obtaining your carry permit is very simple and just the shear fact that we can carry is a great option.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    I feel bad for all of those that live outside of Chicago having live by laws that Chicago pushes through. The rest of the state is much like indiana, but with the population center being Chicago, they have no chance of swaying the vote.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Glad to be out of that sick workers paradise. A few folks asked why if I moved to IN that I went to NWI. Good point, as it looks like NWI votes about two thirds Dem. Still better than IL though.

Bill L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Central Indiana
    I spent 24 years in Springfield, Illinois. Part of that state is very nice. Great hunting and fishing. But, and its a huge but, the laws, policies and the state government are a true horror story. Basically Cook and Lake counties are populous enough to carry the vote. Most of the state south of I-80 is pretty good. It would be a much better state if that big city up north fell off into the lake. I am really glad to be back home in central Indiana.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was born in the Peoples' Republic of Illinois but moved to Indiana when I was about 8, thank God. But I find it disturbing so many Hoosiers are content with the instrument of infringement known as the Indiana License to Carry Handgun.

Repeat after me: "I should NOT have to pay a tax for permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right... I should NOT have to pay a tax for permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right... I should NOT have to pay a tax for permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right..."

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was born in the Peoples' Republic of Illinois but moved to Indiana when I was about 8, thank God. But I find it disturbing so many Hoosiers are content with the instrument of infringement known as the Indiana License to Carry Handgun.

Repeat after me: "I should NOT have to pay a tax for permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right... I should NOT have to pay a tax for permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right... I should NOT have to pay a tax for permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right..."

I agree with you about been a constitutional right and I'm not happy about having to pay for my license, what do you suggest that should do (carry without a license). I know is up to us to fight for was right I just don't know anybody doing anything to fight this!

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    I really do love this state it has a lot to offer. As for Illinois it's a tragedy that it's controlled by cook and lake county. Its such a nice state with great people outside of Chicagoland. I could do without the winter in either state though.

Top Bottom