• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did your summer break ever last until Labor Day?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Happy Labor Day INGO

I hope everyone gets a chance to take some time off over this weekend. Enjoy an adult beverage, if that's your thing...you can't, I'll have one for you.

Now, who remembers when Labor Day Weekend really was the Last Day of Summer, the last weekend before school started...

...Yup, you guessed it, you're old. :stickpoke:

Have a safe and happy Labor Day INGO!!!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    :fogey: And we could get time out of school if our parents needed help getting the crops in / out. As long as you maintained a good " grade ".

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was in grade school when we started school the week before Labor Day. SUCKED!!
    In Virginia (Hampton Roads/Williamsburg/Langley AFB/Ft Eustis area) they didn't go back until Tuesday after Labor Day. I think it was for the cheap labor at Busch Gardens.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yep, I always dreaded labor day because I knew that was my last few days of freedom before going back to school. I went to a school that rarely ever closed for snow days, I think we may have had 2 days off during the 78 blizzard! Hell, now that very same school shuts down at the PREDICTION of a snow storm.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Yep, always started back to school after Labor Day. I was an anomaly and actually liked school but I still loved summer break.
    My school system (Edwardsburg MI ) rarely closed but we were out of school for two weeks during the '78-'79 Blizzard. I lived on US 12 and it was unpassable for a week.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm not old, but school started typically the last Thursday of August when I was in elementary school. Then it got close and closer to July. Now, it's the last week of July for my nephew. My son will grow up asking what summer is.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Didn't Wisconsin pass legislation to pull funding from public schools that started before Labor Day? Might have been a few years ago.

I think I started before Labor day during high school. That was in the early 90's.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We always had a half day the Wednesday after Labor day. It was the last time we swam for the season. My son now goes back in the middle of August. Just crazy.

Yep, I'm old! :fogey:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, I always dreaded labor day because I knew that was my last few days of freedom before going back to school. I went to a school that rarely ever closed for snow days, I think we may have had 2 days off during the 78 blizzard! Hell, now that very same school shuts down at the PREDICTION of a snow storm.

Raising up a crop of Girlie Men for sure.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mine started creeping up somewhere in there, but it was never early like it is now. There was one labor day my mom didn't enjoy too much, taking it all literal; they gave up and swatted me the day after. I got an early start with that :tinfoil::baby:

Top Bottom