• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    recently I sold a few guns that sooner or later I'll be kicking myself as to why...... and as always, on the prowl for a great deal, I snatched up
    a sweet looking Para USA Elite Target - net cost barely north of $500 (Including $100 mfg rebate, which I might see by Jan or Feb)

photo 2.JPG

I just swapped the woodys for hogue rubber wrap around ( I may have an ugly face - but I have tender keyboard hands)

the fit and finish on this one by far exceeded my expectations - I've handled several and this one just looks and feels great ........

so while I'm @ my FFL and were ogling over this pretty new thing I mention something about selling yadda yadda and he says
    hey look what just came in earlier this week, an FNS Long slide........ so that come home with me too, maybe I won't be missing said sold
    items after all !

Dan T

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That looks *really* nice, congratulations! I've had a few "birthdays" myself this year, my favorite being my most recent acquisition of a new Ruger GP100 Match Champion. Other than still needing to tweak the rear sight a little, I just love my first revolver.

But enough about me... looks like you've picked up some nice new pieces!

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    thanks all - so do you want to know how they run?

the Para Elite Target - which I read a lot of good press on ......... and got a smokin deal on was probably the one I had the most concern for running perfect out of the box
    (I had a gut the FNS would run great and it of course it did)
    after stripping and cleaning it, I loaded 4 - 8 round mags w/ 8 rounds each (2 para, 2 sig) each with different brand ammo - AmEagle, PMC,Winchester, Herters , I hand cycled each and much to my dismay @ least 2 mags the top 2 rounds nose dived and wouldn't chamber. With that info I loaded accordingly to prevent the nose dives whiel @ the range and let the break in process
    do it's job ......... Which it did! AmEagle or PMC were either full mags or my top 2 rounds of the herters and win. The gun functioned flawlessly - 82 rounds (a full box + 8 x4) hit where I aimed it
    I was actually surprised it ran as well as it did - my wife also ran a full mag through it - again perfect for her too.

the FNS - we blasted 100 rounds through her, not a hiccup. The extra inch and huge white dot helped my progressive lens required eyes to again - hit where I pointed it..... and the trigger not to bad, it's by no means single action sweet but it has to be the best STOCK striker trigger I've ever fired......... fired, not just coon fingered. first shot a little take up, nice clean break, and short crisp reset. If it only had the SS slide instead of black it would be perfect. Oh, and it fits perfectly in my fnx (galco) holster :)

take care

Dan T

Top Bottom