• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    [h=1]“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” - Joseph Geobbels (infamous Nazi propagandist)[/h]

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” - Joseph Geobbels (infamous Nazi propagandist)

do the mass media folks know this:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nah, there is ABSOLUTELY zero foundation to ANY complaints of police brutality.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    My vote for the biggest lie still goes to the "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. And the average family will save $2500/year."

No, wait. That was not from 2015.

Meh. "Hands up, don't shoot" was 2014. Maybe we can go with Rachel Dolezal's "Well, I identify as African-American."

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There absolutely are legitimate instances of police brutality, not just among the
    African American communities, but also among the populace in general. All complaints should be investigated and dealt with. When the results of the investigation and resulting proceedings, if necessary, indicate no wrong doing, people should learn to accept them. This country is ruled by law (or is should be). Telling a lie, like "Hands Up, Don't Shoot!" which becomes "truth" to many, only leads to mob rule and further violence. Many times it leads to the destruction of careers and family of officers found legally justified. A lot of folks see through the big lies and it lends less and less credibility to the movements, which are, I would think, to bring about more justice and better race relations, especially among minorities and the police. I absolutely support peaceful protest to bring about awareness to a perceived problem, but a lie isn't justified and isn't even an effective tool to convince those who look deeper than the surface.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I heard one liberal saying that it didn't matter if it was true or not as it represented a greater truth of the police abuses on the black community.

Here is the actual article if anyone is interested. There are several interesting ones listed.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/12/14/the-biggest-pinocchios-of-2015/
    Yeah, that rationalization boggles my mind. I hear this all the time on Facebook when someone posts a story that is used to bash Liberals or Conservatives and it is 100% fake. They come back saying the same thing in support of their post.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yeah, that rationalization boggles my mind. I hear this all the time on Facebook when someone posts a story that is used to bash Liberals or Conservatives and it is 100% fake. They come back saying the same thing in support of their post.
    Agreed. I have conservative friends that forward false propaganda against liberals. I always tell them that there are enough facts to point out liberal failed policies and stands and I don't care for such fiction. They say about the same thing, that it doesn't matter. I don't read them anymore. I'm like Sergeant Friday, "Just the facts ma'am".

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Except that they never said that police brutality never happens.
    Witness the Republican stronghold of Chicago and the clear case of murder of a young man who posed no risk whatsoever.
    Oh, wait, that's a permanent Democrat stronghold.
    No, "Hands up, don't shoot" was a total fabrication that originated from Dorian Johnson, the guy who was accompanying Michael Brown in the convenience store that he strongarm robbed.

Top Bottom