• ...and so much more!
  • happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    what's your reccomendation ?
    need security for one carry size handgun . a little extra inside space is a good thing . so far , browning looks good , thou pricey . maybe $200-250. but they ARE 10 gauge steel . most others i have checked are 16 gauge. i believe entry into the mini vault should be simple , a key or reliable print reader .
    give me your thoughts and what do you use ?

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I have a print reader "Gun Vault" next to the bed. 3 kids around not comfortable with guns exposed. Works well. Change the battery often. Keep the print reader free of dust. A simple q-tip swipe works well. Practice with it alot.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've had the Gun Vault finger combo for a few years and it has been great. I can operate it in the dark very easy and quickly.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have gone through two GunVaults and needing to return for a third so right now I give then two stars out of five.

Latch cable broke on one the second ate batteries like potato chips then just stopped working.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    what's your reccomendation ?
    need security for one carry size handgun . a little extra inside space is a good thing . so far , browning looks good , thou pricey . maybe $200-250. but they ARE 10 gauge steel . most others i have checked are 16 gauge. i believe entry into the mini vault should be simple , a key or reliable print reader .
    give me your thoughts and what do you use ?

I have two different styles of RAPiD Safes from Hornady and couldn't be more pleased... The one that Hop mentions is a bit big, but the one in my link below is a much more streamlined version that came out late last year.

Have you looked at one of THESE?

I have a Sentry vault with a biometric lock. The safe is big enough to hold a full size 1911 with a couple of spare magazines. Bolt it to something and you are golden.

https://www.amazon.com/Sentry-Biome...0442419&sr=8-1&keywords=sentry+biometric+safe
    I have yet to know someone that has had a biometric safe function reliably after their two year warranty.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    The Hornady Rapid safe is what I have and I could not be more happy with it. It is larger but I really like how you have multiple ways to get it that is quick. number pad,RFID chips either in a fob,card or rubber bracelet and finally a key once you remove the front panel. It also has battery back up so if the power goes out you can still get your weapon. Very nice set up.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'll throw in another vote for GunVault. I've had one for about 6 or 8 years now and the only issue I had was rectified quickly by GunVault I th form of a brand new unit (battery tray was draining batteries too quickly and they didn't want to leave me without a unit for a few weeks so they sent a new one). Also, have one of their lockboxes and no complaints there either.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I've had a GunVault for about 10 years now. Mine has the pushbutton combination/key access and holds my 1911 and a couple of extra mags. On more than one occasion when I went to retrieve my pistol,
    the mechanism went 'thunk' but didn't have enough battery power to release the catch. I always wondered "What if I had needed this in an emergency?" I now replace the batteries in my GunVault the same days I replace those in the smoke detectors. Santa always seems to remember to stuff my stocking with 9V and AA batteries each Christmas! Also, after 10 years, the foam padding is starting to wear out.

Whichever choice you make, practice opening it in various positions, light/darkness, etc. so you can access it from any position and in total darkness if needed. And replace the batteries on a regular basis!

Top Bottom