• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hope this hasn't been posted somewhere on here already, or is so old as to be worth bringing up again.

The bad guy in this story sucked up 22 hits, a sizeable number of them "center mass" (sorry, Rhino) hits, and kept fighting. Cop was hit, and kept fighting. Cop was using some of the best .40 S&W ammo on the market today. Folks, if this ammo didn't drop him, no other would have, either. BG wasn't doped up, wasn't drunk.

Handguns are simply NOT reliable tools for stopping determined bad guys. We CANNOT count on them. What will allow you to live and prevail is brains, determination, fighting spirit, a "never give up, never surrender" mindset.

Officer Down - The Peter Soulis Incident

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I wonder what their definition of center mass is........ maybe he took a lot of rounds to his stomach...... that could be considerd center mass.... or could have been graizing hit's..... I can't see that many .40 round's in the chest area not droping someone sooner...

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    And this is exactly why 9mm vs .45acp arguments are idiotic at best.

There was another story where the BG was shot by numerous (like 117 total hits iirc) .40 S&W & .223 Rem. The police finally tackled him, and he continued to fight hand to hand before they got him in cuffs...... 117 hits, with both pistol and rifle caliber rounds.

You must be more determined than the assailant in order to prevail.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Would you take a .22lr over say, a #2 pencil and Bic Pen?

A .22lr to the nasal ocular junction is a rather effective way to stop an assailant. And usually only takes one shot.

How would a 230gr +9 .45acp been any more effective than the .40 S&W then police were using? :)

I wonder what their definition of center mass is........ maybe he took a lot of rounds to his stomach...... that could be considerd center mass.

I am about to go to .45 230gr +P.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    After the bullets are gone, out come these. :D

weapons-butterfly-swords.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I think I read on here somewhere (probably a sig line)

Your sidearm is what you use while getting to your long gun. (parapharse)
    Dick Couch, a retired SEAL, claims that that is what SEALs are taught in training.

A handgun is your secondary weapon to be used only if you primary weapon (long gun) has been lost/taken. The Finishing School, Dick Couch

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    In a fight or flight situation, most folks will be lucky to hit center mass, much less a CNS shot. Of course I realize that there are multitudes of folks out there who are so proficient as to deliver CNS hits all day, with either hand, while drinking coffee...... what?... oh sure there are...just ask !!!

I'll have to stay with center mass hits, and hope for a CNS impact in there somewhere...... but then again, I'm old :D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    In a fight or flight situation, most folks will be lucky to hit center mass, much less a CNS shot. Of course I realize that there are multitudes of folks out there who are so proficient as to deliver CNS hits all day, with either hand, while drinking coffee...... what?... oh sure there are...just ask !!!

I'll have to stay with center mass hits, and hope for a CNS impact in there somewhere...... but then again, I'm old :D

That's why I only carry one round.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dick Couch, a retired SEAL, claims that that is what SEALs are taught in training.

A handgun is your secondary weapon to be used only if you primary weapon (long gun) has been lost/taken. The Finishing School, Dick Couch

Within the civillian world, a handgun is what one usually utilizes to get to their long arm.

That's why I only carry one round.

BloodEclipse is really Barney Fife????? Doesn't that round get really dusty in your pocket???????? :D

Top Bottom