• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    How much eye relief for handgun scopes have?
    Is it similar to scout scopes on rifles? Or can you extend your arms like you normally would when firing a handgun?
    I've never tried a handgun scope.
    I went with a mrds on my 44mag.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If you are shooting handguns out to 200 yards then most likely you are doing so from a rest of some type. Notice this one has two sets of rings. (Yes even a 35 rem or 7-30 waters recoils with limited weight) I settled on fixed 4 power for distance as most EER variable scopes change eye relief while the magnification changes which drives me crazy. This is a swift premium 4x gloss which has decent glass and was not crazy expensive when purchased. I think I have a couple 4x and 2x M8 and a couple of variable Burris handgun scopes also,

I view the TC contender as a mini rifle in handgun forum and now that the deer laws have changed it does get more use in rifle format. Even shooting in offhand I used a walking stick hunting because I value good shots on game. When I get a chance to go west I use them on P dogs and I have taken a mule deer with one. Here in Indiana before the sabot slugs started being 150 yard guns the pistol in a legal cartridge was the longer range option with the best accuracy. I think my longest shot in Indiana was 165 yards with 35 rem. One shot one kill and a rather long walk to where the deer dropped.

Your normal handgun is just fine with a dot or MRDS. A target 22 can get a scope maybe a silly wet gun. Most applications do not need scopes. Now as one ages and sights become more challenging to see the low power scope would come into play. So far my eyes work ok with them but it does take longer than it used to.

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpeg
      IMG_0314.jpeg
      76.8 KB · Views: 3
    Top Bottom