• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thank you to everyone for their suggestions regarding my future purchase. I will look at the m&p40c, and the xdm tomorrow afternoon on my way up to indianapolis to visit family. I will report back my findings as well.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I actually own all three of those guns, and if I were to choose just one as my daily carry, it will always be the G19.

Light, ergonomic, accurate, highest capacity...

All are excellent guns tho, but the p229 and 1911 are so heavy that they usually stay in the safe or just go to the range with me. They aren't carried by me nearly as much as the G19.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    HK P30 if I was looking for one gun, completely customizable for every user.

Or if you wanted something small that you can carry at all times Kahr PM9

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    how are you holding the gun, and positioning your trigger finger? are you trying to pull with just the pad of your index finger on the trigger?

I've been taught to really sink it in, to where the trigger is in the first knuckle. It provides better gun retention, and that's where it's going to end up anyway, after adrenaline has had its way with you.

This will consume more of your finger, and enable you to more comfortably handle a pistol with a smaller grip. :twocents:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I actually own all three of those guns, and if I were to choose just one as my daily carry, it will always be the G19. . .

Agreed. Even the P228 which is lighter than the P229 is a fair bit heavier than the G19 and SIGnificantly wider at 1.5" compared to 1.18".

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    Well, I went back to the store yesterday afternoon to handle the m&p40, glock 23 4th gen, and another SiG P229. I am now torn between the m&p40 and the SiG P229. I now need to test fire these pistols on the range and make a decision. Thanks again to everyone for their opinion regarding my purchase. I will inform everyone when I make a purchase.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I highly recommend you check out the glock family. If you want a "do it all" gun, you can't go wrong with the glock 19. Small enough to carry, big enough with enough capacity to be a home defense firearm. You could also look at the glock 26. You could carry it with the standard mag, or add the glock 19 mag for home defense. As you can tell, I am huge glock fan. :D

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I see you are in Bloomington as well. I have a Sig P229 in 40. If you like to try it out PM me. I'd happy to let you try it before buying one yourself.

Chris-B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I highly recommend you check out the glock family. If you want a "do it all" gun, you can't go wrong with the glock 19. Small enough to carry, big enough with enough capacity to be a home defense firearm. You could also look at the glock 26. You could carry it with the standard mag, or add the glock 19 mag for home defense. As you can tell, I am huge glock fan. :D

I also love the Glock 26. It is my EDC as well with the standard 10 rd mag and the 17 rd as a backup.

Top Bottom