• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Love that old dude on the guitar!

As far as the thread, I really think the situation is why AR pistols were invented, right? If you don't have a pistol on your hip, (like you should,) why not go with something much more powerful, effective and higher capacity? A cool tennis racket bag or folding chair cover bag could conceal your package enough for running around and give a simple option to bring it in and out of the vehicle.

OP - Knew what you meant, but for future reference to keep the wolves at bay, "vehicles with intimidating ANTIFA/BLM thugs looking for trouble," might explain your situation better?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yesterday a co worker told me she was out on the west side of Indy off of 38th street. She stopped at a light, a vehicle stopped next, to her driven by a lady in the left turn lane.
    A red pick up truck came up behind her driven by a Hispanic male she said.
    Light changed but the lady in the car did not turn, Pick up tuck driver gave her a friendly "BEEP".
    Lady started to turn she said, then stopped, got out of her car and pulled out a large pistol, pointed it a the pick up truck driver, yelled at him, then got back into her car a sped away.

Knowing she always had her pone handy I asked her did she get a video of the confrontation, or a picture of the drivers license plate and a driver description to give to Indy's finest?

NO! she said it happened too fast and I was too scared.

You see the (lady) in the car had her TRUCK/TRUNK gun !?!

I don't go too much inside I-465, but when I do MR. Glock .40 is always with me, always.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I think one needs to understand the purpose to decide what gun to put in the truck.

#1. Is this a backup for when you run out of ammo, or your gun malfunctions?
    #2 Is this the only gun you have most of the time (ie you don't carry, or can't carry at work, etc)?
    #3 Is this a gun you will want accessible while driving, but won't have a carry gun on?
    #4 Is it an extra gun for a situation different than #1, ie you are in a bad situation loaning a gun to a friend, or found yourself too close to a riot?

Each situation might have a different answer, as well as whether you are the only one that drives the truck, and do you ever use a different car?

If you are securely storing a gun in your car, then most likely it's also not accessible for a sudden emergency (ie ran out of ammo). Or if you are making it accessible each time you get in the vehicle, then what convenience are you saving vs just pulling your gun out of your home pistol safe when you walk out of the car?

I can see carrying a long gun or other higher capacity gun in a vehicle for #4. For 1-3, I would consider what I am most comfortable shooting even if it means having 2 of the same gun.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    Yesterday a co worker told me she was out on the west side of Indy off of 38th street. She stopped at a light, a vehicle stopped next, to her driven by a lady in the left turn lane.
    A red pick up truck came up behind her driven by a Hispanic male she said.
    Light changed but the lady in the car did not turn, Pick up tuck driver gave her a friendly "BEEP".
    Lady started to turn she said, then stopped, got out of her car and pulled out a large pistol, pointed it a the pick up truck driver, yelled at him, then got back into her car a sped away.

So... Someone got out of their 4000 pound piece of moving steel with 3 pounds of steel that throws fast but tiny bits of lead and stood in front of someone else's 4000 pound piece of moving steel and threatened them. I'm pretty sure all you need to solve that situation is a functional right foot.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    So... Someone got out of their 4000 pound piece of moving steel with 3 pounds of steel that throws fast but tiny bits of lead and stood in front of someone else's 4000 pound piece of moving steel and threatened them. I'm pretty sure all you need to solve that situation is a functional right foot.
    This woman is about to learn that size does actually matter. Sometimes.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Used Glock for $300. Any pawn shop in America.

sure.gif

Top Bottom