• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Here are a few poor quality shots of the pitting. Can't seem to get the macro button to work right on the camera so might have to wait for better shots.

Also my 1st time posting from a site like photobucket... hope all works as planned.

DSC01475.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    We could probably get a polished blue on that w/ enough $$effort$$ but given the condition of the gun, it would take ALOT... Parkerizing w/ an aftermarket paint like norrels moly resin over top of it might be the way to go.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    You lost me after parkerizing... will look up the moly resin stuff... jumping to your site now.

Ok... just looked... here's a couple questions...

The parkerizing is for the texture to hide the pitting and the moly resin is for color and added protection?

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You lost me after parkerizing... will look up the moly resin stuff... jumping to your site now.

Ok... just looked... here's a couple questions...

The parkerizing is for the texture to hide the pitting and the moly resin is for color and added protection?

correct... parkerizing is a sponge for oil which is what provides the protection from corrosion. applying one of the aftermarket finishes adds color and longevity to the whole thing, although parkerizing by itself would be cheaper and just as long lasting it would just need to be kept oiled.... the parkerizing will hide SOME of the pits but not all, the moly resin would help hide them a bit more although adding it would be an additional expense.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ok, I am considering this... can you throw a worse-case price from the horrid pics I supplied? Send a PM if need be. If nothing else I appreciate the info.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ok, I am considering this... can you throw a worse-case price from the horrid pics I supplied? Send a PM if need be. If nothing else I appreciate the info.

Worst case for what option? Filing out the pits, polishing, and rebluing? File, blast and Parkerize? File blast parkerize paint?

On something like this, i would MUCH rather see the gun in person before i quote it as its pretty hard to see how deep the pits actually are over the internet.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Alright then how do I get it to you? If I remove the cylinder can I call it gun parts and still ship USPS?

Let me know and I will see what I can do.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Alright then how do I get it to you? If I remove the cylinder can I call it gun parts and still ship USPS?

Let me know and I will see what I can do.

Haha no. the frame is what makes it a gun, not the cylander. you will have to ship UPS and ill have to give you a copy of my FFL obviously return shipping will be an added expense. Do you ever come to the 1500's?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Was at the last 1500... that was the first one in like 16 years... There's another in June, right? Maybe do a FTF then.

So you can't ship even with UPS unless to an FFL? Wasn't aware... oh and the part about the regular postal service was meant if I could disassemble the thing... completely, not just the cylinder... I type for crap and am lazy. But it's all good.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Was at the last 1500... that was the first one in like 16 years... There's another in June, right? Maybe do a FTF then.

So you can't ship even with UPS unless to an FFL? Wasn't aware... oh and the part about the regular postal service was meant if I could disassemble the thing... completely, not just the cylinder... I type for crap and am lazy. But it's all good.

anyone can send a handgun TO an FFL through ups or fedex, or a long gun through USPS.... in order to ship a handgun through USPS you must be an FFL sending TO and FFL

Top Bottom