• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bore sight laser and snap caps. Pick a point on wall, focus on laser dot, pull trigger. Watch dot move. Practice, watch videos and learn good grip-trigger techniques. If that don't work, get a good quality 1911.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is how I trained my entire family good, steady trigger discipline and grip. You can do it in the living room.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A Ruger what?

Are you talking semi-auto or revolver?

I can keep 3" groups at 100 yards with my Super Blackhawk, but it has a 7"+ barrel.

What type of ammo are you using? Some pistols are ammo picky.

It's a SR9c. I can hit about anything at 15 yards. I hit the target 4 out of 10 at 25 yards. I know with a compact pistol my accuracy will be limited, but I feel I could do better.

3 inch groups at 100yards...pretty good. Is that from a rest, or off hand? Scope, or iron sights?

OP...How big is your target? And how many rounds have you put through this pistol? 50? 500?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's a SR9c. I can hit about anything at 15 yards. I hit the target 4 out of 10 at 25 yards. I know with a compact pistol my accuracy will be limited, but I feel I could do better.

My sister (ingo member GEM) has this pistol. I used the bore laser method to get her steadied up as she had the very same issue. She is deadly with it out to 30 yds now.
    The trigger take up on that gun is fairly long and does take some getting used to. It is a very good platform. One of my favorite's in a 9mm and a straight shooter once the trigger is mastered.

Practice,practice,practice.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Make sure to swap ammo just to "double check" I had a fluke box of nasty italian stuff, (tul ammo brass 170gr odd stuff) that was not accurate at anything over 7 yards. all shots were consistent at about 3" group but about 6" Left and Low. WWB is about the same but dead center. At 15 + yards it was tedious getting 1-2 out of 10 to land on black.... I was mystified, so I switched next mag to WWB and it was fine again.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    3 inch groups at 100yards...pretty good. Is that from a rest, or off hand? Scope, or iron sights?

OP...How big is your target? And how many rounds have you put through this pistol? 50? 500?
    I was using a shoot n see target...maybe 12-18inches in diameter. About 500 rounds through the gun. This is all coming from someone with a very limited experience in firearms.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    By using the bore sight laser you can see how much the gun moves while pulling the trigger. I have big hands and I found out that if I put my trigger finger more through the trigger than just place the finger tip on the trigger that helps with my trigger control. Then I moved on to grip and stance.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Pretty good sized target. Keep up the practice. A lot of good advice above. Not much else to add. Good luck.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I can't conceive of self defense need at 75'. If you shoot a BG that is 25 yards away, you're probably going to be Zimmermaned.

Worry about hitting your target 10 out of 10 at 7 yards, drawing, under duress.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Like others have suggested, practice and more practice. I have no problem hitting small balloons at 25 yrds with my Sig, Browning, or my Les Baer 45. One thing I like to do is buy the cheap cans of soda and shoot them at 25 yards.

Top Bottom