• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Depends on how deep you have to go. There's a cost for the pump and a cost per drop pipe section. The drop pipe is of small enough diameter, most folks will find they can install it in the well they currently have along side the existing drop pipe and pump (unless one has a really small casing). So, if needed, it can be ready to go.

If I recall correctly, I think I paid somewhere around $1,500 (??, circa '99) and I had to go down around 145' at the time. I think (IIRC) at the time, drop tubes were $15 or so (??). Don't remember how long they were/are. Again I'm going from memory here (and it's often not very good!).

I have one I've never used/never got around to installing/then moved and dragged along. Sitting in my garage.

Last edited:

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    The first thing is "Get Water". Follow that with "Make it Drinkable". In a survival situation you don't care if it's sulfer smelling. "Will it sustain Life"? Also. if it's not loaded with heavy metals or fertilizer, you can purify it.

We're not talking pristine, we're talking of staying alive.

My additional problem is that here at the lake we are on one of those pumping station systems for the perimeter of the lake. That means I can't flush a toilet even if I have water and electricity in my home. Elevation above lake level is sufficient that I can have a outhouse at the back of the lot with almost zero chance of contaminating the lake (120 feet), but a hole in the ground is an immediate requirement.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom