• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Do they stay sharp or do you need to sharpen them often?
    I figured they would bend up and get destroyed with any amount of chopping. I'm very surprised by the tin bronze hatchet. Will any bronze hatchet.
    I don't think I have done more than split a couple logs for the fire with it.
    I have "real" hatchets and I made it more for reenactment type things than to use it. I still need to carve down the handle some and stain it up maybe. I think I made it in the late 1980's and it just kinda hangs around the house.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't think I have done more than split a couple logs for the fire with it.
    I have "real" hatchets and I made it more for reenactment type things than to use it. I still need to carve down the handle some and stain it up maybe. I think I made it in the late 1980's and it just kinda hangs around the house.
    They do look to nice to use.
    Polish it to a mirror finish, finish the handle, put it over or around the fireplace, wood stove, etc. Or hang it beside a Kentucky rifle.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    Do they stay sharp or do you need to sharpen them often?
    I figured they would bend up and get destroyed with any amount of chopping. I'm very surprised by the tin bronze hatchet. Will any bronze hatchet.
    Definitely wont stay sharp as long as iron or steel, but all of those dimples work harden the edge. It'd probably surprise you.

Top Bottom