• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Any Hancock Co. folks on here that might have some insider information on why Bud Gray lost? I personally didn't know either candidate that well. I grew up when Bradbury was Sheriff, then it went back to Gulling (sp?). Then last election, Bud Gray, who if I recall was under-sheriff under Bradbury, ran against a field that included Shepherd and Bradbury. I was wondering if there wasn't some animosity within the department, since I know at least two or three Bradbury relatives were at one time working in the department. So back then, Gray wins, reorganizes, puts the deputies on 12 hours shifts, then not soon after that, takes them off their 12 hour shifts. He had the jail issue, where an inmate died. Some folks were fired or quit, he tried to fire one supervisor, but the board voted to let her keep her job. Just recently, an article in the Star had Shepherd saying some folks in the department were complaining that Gray is intimidating. Gray said that was blown out-of-proportion.

Since I didn't know all the facts and the internal workings, I just based my vote on what I do know. I know that I see sheriff's cars routinely. It isn't a daily vision, but I see them enough on 600 W, and every so often on 700 W/500 W. I know they did a lot of traffic enforcement and that Gray did seem to keep his promises. So I decided to vote for Gray, nothing against Shepherd.

Well, Gray got defeated, so I was wondering if anyone knew the reason why? First time I heard of a Hancock Co. Sheriff not getting re-elected to a second term.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Don't forget about the inmate that died under Bud's watch a couple years ago. Not saying that is the reason, but I'm sure most of the voters still remember that.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Sorry, I didn't finish your post. I see you already covered that incident. I think that situation, and people are getting sick of "the good old boy" system. We all know it will never change, regardless of who holds the position. But, by voting someone else in, they feel things will truely change. I don't know.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom