• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I live in Fishers. I'm not from Indiana so I don't know anyone with land who will let me shoot. I don't care to shoot indoors so I am planning on joining HCFG. I've already filled out my Membership Application.

The only problem is that to be a member, I need to attend 3 meetings first...since there is only one a month (now Feb., Mar., & April), I have to wait until April/May. I just bought my first pistol and I can't wait to shoot it!

I was hoping maybe someone on here is a member of HCFG so you could tell me how you like it and maybe let me join you as a guest one of these days so I can check it out.

Thanks!

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I'm also in Fishers, and am interested in the pricing of membership. I'm getting tired of driving up to Hartford City to shoot. It's free to shoot, but gas ain't cheap.

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I'm also in Fishers, and am interested in the pricing of membership. I'm getting tired of driving up to Hartford City to shoot. It's free to shoot, but gas ain't cheap.

Yeah. With a wife and two boys under 2, I can't really be "making a day of it". I need to be able to head over for a half an hour or an hour at a time somewhere close by.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I love it. The only time it's been crowded since I joined last fall was this past weekend when it got up into the 50's. I had to wait about 10-15 mins for the 100 yd bench. I shot for about 90 minutes and no one was waiting on me. Covered 25yd pistol range too.

BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm in Fishers, too, & I shoot at Elwood Conservation Club (elwoodconservationclub.org). Easy to join & only $65.00 (not $150.00) a year. They have a 10 yd pistol range & 25, 50, 75 & 100 yard ranges with benches.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I am a member at hcfg and I am happy with them.

I joined last year, I have never had to wait to shoot there. They have 2 bays open now and they just finished building 2 more bays which should be open this spring or summer.

I work in Fishers and since I have a wife and young kids I don't get many chances to shoot on the weekends. So I usually go during my lunch break during the week. I am generally the only person there. I went out a few time during the summer on Sunday afternoons with friends and we always had a shooting bay to ourselves.

As far as the 3 meetings requirement for membership, I believe the mandatory safety/range rules class counts as one of the meetings. Meetings are the first wednesday of every month.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I was once a member of the HCFG and Elwood CC. Now I live on the East Side of Indy where we only get to practice on live targets! I miss the godd old days!

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I am a member at hcfg and I am happy with them.

I joined last year, I have never had to wait to shoot there. They have 2 bays open now and they just finished building 2 more bays which should be open this spring or summer.

I work in Fishers and since I have a wife and young kids I don't get many chances to shoot on the weekends. So I usually go during my lunch break during the week. I am generally the only person there. I went out a few time during the summer on Sunday afternoons with friends and we always had a shooting bay to ourselves.

As far as the 3 meetings requirement for membership, I believe the mandatory safety/range rules class counts as one of the meetings. Meetings are the first wednesday of every month.

Thanks! Is there staff that works the clubhouse or is it just come and go as you please?

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I'm in Fishers, too, & I shoot at Elwood Conservation Club (elwoodconservationclub.org). Easy to join & only $65.00 (not $150.00) a year. They have a 10 yd pistol range & 25, 50, 75 & 100 yard ranges with benches.

Elwood isn't exactly close to Fishers. You'll probably spend $85 you saved on membership on gas. ;)

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Thanks! Is there staff that works the clubhouse or is it just come and go as you please?

no staff, just gotta follow the range rules, Unlock gate/lock it behind you, sign in, raise the flags, be safe shooting, clean up after yourself, sign out, lower flags

I think you can shoot from sun up to sun down, except on Sundays, then it is noon to sun down

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    no staff, just gotta follow the range rules, Unlock gate/lock it behind you, sign in, raise the flags, be safe shooting, clean up after yourself, sign out, lower flags

I think you can shoot from sun up to sun down, except on Sundays, then it is noon to sun down

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to become a member!

Top Bottom