• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    agreed...

I thought Four Guns had moved for more space & better parking.. now i know it is because someone there could not get along with Haley's..

Haley's will suffer the same problem that Four Guns had at that location.. lack of parking on high traffic days..
    Yeah my whole point was that if somebody leaves a bad review of a business and says they had "poor customer service" or "their prices are way to high" or even "the place smelled bad" I could stop in there and verify it for myself and give them a chance to earn my business. If I found that someones point of view was validated then I would not return.

The problem I see in this case is it's to much of an insider dispute between two rival business's. I probably would'nt just be able to walk into Haleys and ask an employee "Hey, I heard you did Four-Guns dirty, what's the deal?" I'm sure I would either get a "None of your business" or I would get their version of what went down which I'm pretty positive would differ from T-Bolts version.

I have no personal knowledge or don't know either of the parties involved so who's version am I supposed to believe? :dunno:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    So we have a case of a business being kicked out of a location...
    And someone opens up the same kind of store in it's former location...
    Was it the landlord that opened up this new story, or another company that is leasing the space?

Either way, OUTRAGEOUS!

Imagine if a Martin's grocery store or similiar lost their lease on a piece of property and Krogers moved into it's former location. NEFARIOUS!!

How DARE they open up the same kind of store in the same exact spot!

They should have opened a daycare instead! Call congress!

We should make a new law. If a gunstore closes or moves to another location, then that former spot cannot be allowed to be a gunstore against for at LEAST 20 years!!!

BOOO!

BOOO!!!

HISSSS!!!

For shame!!

<most of that is purple btw....>

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just read your "review" of Haley's Lodge, and I must say I'm disappointed.

I thought you guys had more tact than that.

Your rumor-mongoring is getting old. Lafayette is big enough to support several gun shops. You don't need to belittle your competition.

Customer relations is possibly the most important part of ANY business. Ask me. I know a little about it. I just started my 12th year in business for myself.

You don't grow a business with negatives. No-one likes a complainer.

Tout your successes, and treat your customers right, but STOP THE BAD-MOUTHING CAMPAIGN!

Just to let you know, I've already tried to contact Fred over this matter. Guess I need to redouble my efforts.

So, your comments in the other thread aren't enough? You felt the need to start a whole new thread to bash a basher?!?:dunno:
    General firearms discussion is probably not the appropriate place for it!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm pretty sure "calling out" is against site policies anyways. If you want to post a "review" why don't you do that in the "good, bad, ugly" part for LGS?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm pretty sure "calling out" is against site policies anyways. If you want to post a "review" why don't you do that in the "good, bad, ugly" part for LGS?
    Yes I do believe there is no doubt that this is defintely classified as a "call out"

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Imagine if a Martin's grocery store or similiar lost their lease on a piece of property and Krogers moved into it's former location. NEFARIOUS!!

How DARE they open up the same kind of store in the same exact spot!

Nah, Kroger just crushes competition by buying them. :xmad:

Everytime I shop there and the checkout girl asks me for my card I say, "you know, another organization made people use card to buy food - THE NAZIS!". Sometime they laugh, other times they call security.

:ranton:

OK, what we talking about, you yeah, T-bolt is the first, or last, idiot gunshop employee spouting off on this board. They almost always drive customers away with their obvious dickitry.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wow. I dont think I could possibly care less. It was cooler when I didnt have any idea what it was about.

This thread gets a B for boring.

Buckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Lafayette
    I've been to both Four Guns and Haley's and have no problems with either. I'm simply glad to know that there is enough business in the industry that multiple gun shops in the same area can stay open and turn a profit.

And frankly, they are two different kinds of stores. Haley's is true to its name and has a lodge feel - seems like the type of place where hunters would feel at home (with wood floor and decor). It is very homey and inviting. Four Guns seems geared towards home/individual protection and SHTF preparedness (lots of cool zombie stuff and survival bunker accoutrements). Both have adequate though not massive inventory and knowledgable staff.

In my opinion, they are going after different niches within the firearms market, and that is why both can both coexist and thrive.

Top Bottom