• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    http://www.examiner.com/x-28973-Essex-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m11d19-Hadley-CRU-hacked-with-release-of-hundreds-of-docs-and-emails

At first I was skeptical that these were authentic, but then the CRU Director admitted that they were:

http://www.examiner.com/x-28973-Essex-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m11d20-CRU-director-admits-hacked-files-genuine

Some of the most embarrassing e-mails are attributed to Philip Jones, the Director of the CRU; Keith Briffa, his assistant; Michael E. Mann of the University of Virginia; Malcolm Hughes at the University of Arizona; and others. One such e-mail makes references to the famous "hockey-stick" graph published by Mann in the journal Nature:
    I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline. Mike's series got the annual land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999 for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.

Compelling stuff. There are download links available at the source if you want to download it all (it's about 60MB). Hopefully this will, at the very least, damage the credibility of the climate change supporters.

While I wouldn't normally be supportive of hacking, these "scientists" are part of a machine that is scamming the entire globe with this nonsense, and I'm happy to see some of the corruption brought to light.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I've come to realize that fighting climate change is like fighting a waterfall. It's a natural occurrence and any attempt to change it is going against a natural cycle.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    I've come to realize that fighting climate change is like fighting a waterfall. It's a natural occurrence and any attempt to change it is going against a natural cycle.

By default, the climate will change, as you stated it is only natural. This is why Gore and his wacko supporters changed their statements to global climate change instead of global warming. You cannot prove them wrong with the former statement, hence hiding their true b.s. agenda of the fraudulent claim of "global warming." All scientists will agree that the climate will change as part of a natural cycle, thus giving them their hyper-inflated support numbers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's about money and control.

Gore has a business selling carbon credits.
    The rest of the b.s. "global warming" is a hammer to use against the prosperity of the west.
    Yes, I'm a man made climate disaster denier.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Update!!

Listen: Inhofe Says He Will Call for Investigation on "Climategate" on Washington Times Americas Morning Show
    November 23, 2009

[FONT=times new roman,times]Posted by Matt Dempsey [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]matt_dempsey@epw.senate.gov[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Note: This post will be updated throughout the day. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Link to 2005 Inhofe Senate Floor Speech[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]: "Today, I will discuss something else – scientific integrity and how to improve it. Specifically, I will discuss the systematic and documented abuse of the scientific process by an international body that claims it provides the most complete and objective scientific assessment in the world on the subject of climate change – the United Nations-sponsored Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC. I will conclude with a series of recommendations as to the minimum changes the IPCC must make if it is to restore its credibility."[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]
    Listen: Inhofe Says He Will Call for Investigation on "Climategate"
    [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]
    Interview on Washington Times America's Morning Show[/FONT]​

[FONT=times new roman,times] [/FONT]​

[FONT=times new roman,times][FONT=times new roman,times]Transcript From Inhofe Radio Interview[/FONT] [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Monday, November 23, 2009[/FONT]​

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: This is a huge issue and of course we have the Gitmo issue and we have the, of course, cap-and-trade is now taking a new turn. Jed, if I could…[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Yeah.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: Would you let me make one sentence? [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Please.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: This is out of a speech that I made, Melanie, back on the floor of the Senate, and it was repeated, John Gizzi picked it up and put it in Human Events. This was 4 years ago, in talking about the science, cooking the science. I said I would discuss the “systematic and documented abuse of the scientific process by which an international body that claims it provides the most complete and objective science assessment in the world on the subject of climate change, the United Nations IPCC.” Now that was four years ago; so we knew they were cooking the science back then, and you’ve been talking about the, you know, what’s happened recently with the bloggers coming up with what they did, what they…[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Let me interrupt you there Senator, because I think that’s a really important point. Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven’t followed that story, what Senator Inhofe’s talking about, in Britain, a blogger got into some of the official government records about climate change and how the measurements were being taken to show…[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Melanie Morgan: And the politics behind it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: And the – well but they were basically saying, “Oh yea, hey, let’s make it look like Jim so-and-so did that, and let’s help him cook the books, and let’s change the data…”[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Melanie Morgan: And “let’s beat up those who don’t agree with us.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Yea, but it’s all a huge fraud! I mean, Senator, am I exaggerating?[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: No you’re not. If you remember, mine was the hoax statement, and that was, what, five years ago I guess.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Well, we ought to give you a big pat on the back for being …[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Melanie Morgan: Yea, you deserve an an ‘atta boy, and now you are finally being vindicated.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: Well, on this thing, it is pretty serious. And since, you know, Barabara Boxer is the Chairman and I’m the Ranking Member on Environment and Public Works, if nothing happens in the next seven days when we go back into session a week from today that would change this situation, I will call for an investigation. ‘Cause this thing is serious, you think about the literally millions of dollars that have been thrown away on some of this stuff that they came out with.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Melanie Morgan: So what will you be calling for an investigation of?[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: On the IPCC and on the United Nations on the way that they cooked the science to make this thing look as if the science was settled, when all the time of course we knew it was not. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Should somebody stop further spending on this until we get this investigation, Senator?[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: Well, I don’t know how you do that, though, ‘cause we’re not the ones that are calling the shots. The interesting part of this is it’s happening right before Copenhagen. And, so, the timing couldn’t be better. Whoever is on the ball in Great Britain, their time was good. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Melanie Morgan: Well, Senator, thank you very much for coming back and handling a little bit, a tiny little bit of heat from the kitchen.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: Okay.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Thanks very much Senator.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Senator Inhofe: Thanks, you bet.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Jed Babbin: Senator Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma on the Environment Committee over there, and one of the real fighters. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Melanie Morgan: He certainly is…[/FONT]​

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Update:
    Scientist in climate change 'cover-up' storm told to quit

By David Derbyshire
    Last updated at 9:25 AM on 25th November 2009

The scientist at the heart of the climate change scandal was under growing pressure to quit last night.
    George Monbiot, a leading environmentalist, said Phil Jones should resign from the Climatic Research Unit over leaked emails that appear to show researchers suppressed scientific data.
    More emails came to light yesterday, including one in which an American climatologist admitted it was a travesty that scientists could not explain a lack of global warming in recent years.

article-1230635-0159DC2F00000578-761_224x423.jpg

article-1230635-0751A32D000005DC-693_224x423.jpg

Leading environmentalist George Monbiot (left) has said Professor Phil Jones should resign over the e-mail debacle

In another note, UK researchers dismissed the work of scientists challenging global warming as 'crap'.

Another appeared to call for pressure on the BBC after a reporter suggested that evidence for rising temperatures since 2001 was thin.

More...

In one of the most damning messages, Professor Jones appeared to respond to the death of a climate sceptic with the words 'in an odd way this is cheering news!'.
    The leak has been a huge embarrassment to the climate unit at the University of East Anglia, which is a global leader in its field.
    Although there is no hint of evidence that climate change is not real, the emails appear to show researchers manipulating raw data and discussing how to dodge Freedom of Information requests.
    Yesterday, Mr Monbiot, who writes on green issues, said the emails could scarcely be more damaging.

article-1230635-0033349C00000258-462_468x286.jpg
    Steam and smoke pour from power station chimney stacks into the skies near East London. Enviromentalists blame the flooding and extremes of weather Britain is facing on global warming caused by pollution

'I am now convinced that they are genuine, and I'm dismayed and deeply shaken,' he said. 'There are some messages that require no spin to make them look bad.
    'There appears to be evidence of attempts to prevent scientific data from being released, and even to destroy material that was subject to a Freedom of Information request.
    'Worse still, some of the emails suggest efforts to prevent the publication of work by climate sceptics, or to keep it out of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

TODAY'S POLL
    Do you think climate change data is being supressed?
    Yes
    No
    VOTE
    article-999-06BD366E000005DC-942_108x76.jpg

POLL RESULTS

Close
    All polls Click to view yesterday's poll results

'The head of the unit, Phil Jones, should now resign. Some of the data discussed in the emails should be re-analysed.'
    Bob Ward, a climate expert at the London School of Economics and Political Science, demanded an independent inquiry.
    'From what I've seen of the emails, there's not been any new questions raised about the way papers have been put together, but there should be an re-examination of the emails,' he said.
    The emails - which appeared last week on a Russian website - appear to have been stolen from a university computer server.

Enlarge

Yesterday, Professor Jones refused to quit and denied that researchers had altered evidence to bolster the case for man-made climate change.
    He added: 'We absolutely stand by the science we produce here at the University of East Anglia and it has been peer reviewed and published.
    'Some of the emails probably had poorly chosen words and were sent in the heat of the moment, when I was frustrated. I do regret sending some of them. We've not deleted any emails or data here at CRU.
    'I would never manipulate the data one bit - I would categorically deny that.' The university is to conduct an independent review of data security and on its response to 60 freedom of information requests over a short period.
    ● At least half the 36 UK officials and ministers travelling to the climate change talks in Copenhagen are going by air rather than by rail.
    The Liberal Democrats said the arrangements showed up Labour's hypocrisy on green issues.
    The Government said officials had meetings that limited their travel options next month.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230635/Scientist-climate-change-cover-storm-told-quit.html#ixzz0XwrIJzKd

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    So where is the link to the stuff that was hacked? It is supposed to be in a condensed for, just a copy of the good stuff. Inquiring minds want to read the e-mails, but so far have found nothing but blogs!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Obama’s Science Czar John Holdren involved in Greatest Fraud in Human History, "Climategate"

Does Obama deal with anyone clean? Has he ever interacted with anyone who was not radical, crooked, corrupt, racist, anti-American? Just asking.

And America has no mechanism to legally fight these usurpers? America has lost her way. So not what she was.

Obama’s Science Czar John Holdren involved in unwinding “Climategate” scandal Canada Free Press

Lift up a rock and another snake comes slithering out from the ongoing University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit (CRU) scandal, now riding as “Climategate”.

Obama Science Czar John Holdren is directly involved in CRU’s unfolding Climategate scandal. In fact, according to files released by a CEU hacker or whistleblower, Holdren is involved in what Canada Free Press (CFP) columnist Canadian climatologist Dr. Tim Ball terms “a truculent and nasty manner that provides a brief demonstration of his lack of understanding, commitment on faith and willingness to ridicule and bully people”.

“The files contain so much material that it is going to take some time t o put it all in context,” says Ball. “However, enough is already known to underscore their explosive nature. It is already clear the entire claims and positions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) are based on falsified manipulated material and is therefore completely compromised.

“The fallout will be extensive as material continues to emerge. Reputations of the scientists involved are already destroyed, however fringe players will continue to be identified and their reputations destroyed or sullied.”

cont on link

Obama’s Science Czar John Holdren involved in unwinding “Climategate” scandal

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    It amazes me that so many politicians want us to take credit for changing the climate. They pitifully cling to the absurd notion, despite clear evidence to the contrary, all the while showing their dutiful reverence and guilt.

It's the ultimate sad irony that these same bozos refuse to acknowledge that our country is going down the crapper. If only they'd man up and shoulder the blame for something they have caused and can correct, we could make real progress.

Cap and trade your spending, Congress. Recycle yourselves. Reduce your footprint on my back!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So where is the link to the stuff that was hacked? It is supposed to be in a condensed for, just a copy of the good stuff. Inquiring minds want to read the e-mails, but so far have found nothing but blogs!
    While you can find extracted copies just about anywhere on the web, (more are being released every day) Here's a zip file that supposedly contains all of the emails and data.

Zip File

via The Essex County Conservative Examiner

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BTW: my wife works in medical science.

cherry picking data, covering up conflicting data, and trying to manipulate reviews are all firing offenses with black-list potential.

BTW: anyone know of link where Al Gore is offering refunds for all the money he scammed, yet?

Top Bottom