Had my first interaction with LE since having my LTCH...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    I was pulled over downtown Indy the other night and they never asked and I didn't tell. Only pull over since I've started carrying. Still ticket free... thank God it wasn't Frank.

super duty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Esat of Indy
    Utah

The Utah permit solves the Ohio requirements, Illinois is a lost cause. Chicago ruins any chance for the rest of the state. Crooks don't worry about gun permits!

super duty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Esat of Indy
    FYI

We were instructed in a class at our gun club to always let an officer, who pulls you over, know that you are carrying and have a LTCP. The instructor recommended giving it to him to confirm along with your drivers license.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    We were instructed in a class at our gun club to always let an officer, who pulls you over, know that you are carrying and have a LTCP. The instructor recommended giving it to him to confirm along with your drivers license.

I don't mind informing, but I'm not handing it over until asked for it. Why give them a chance to hang on to it or *lose* it, if they happen to be one of those cops.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Glad you're ok Phil. Was just thinking about you the other day.

We'll have to get together again sometime. Working swing shift makes it hard to meet with people that have a normal work schedule.:laugh: I was really lucky in the accident. Even though I'm pretty sure it totaled my car, I wasn't hurt. That's amazing considering I was driving a Suzuki Swift.:D My wife insists that I buy a larger replacement car if I don't want to drive my Grand Cherokee to work.

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    even though you don't or can't carry at work, you may take it with you and keep it in your vehicle whie you are at work FWIW
    I wish I could keep my handgun in my vehicle at work. Unfortunately, I can't. I don't necessarily feel I need to carry it all day at work, but I would really like to have it when traveling to and from work. Oh, well - it is what it is :rolleyes:

Top Bottom