• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Oh, dude. You're killing me. That's like saying you'll never have sex again because you lost your virginity to a 65-year old meth-addicted hooker with only three teeth and a face full of scabies. There is a whole world of beer out there that puts to shame the swill you used to pop your cherry. You hang out with me some time and I will educate you.
    :lmfao:

That's hilarious :laugh:

Is that an invite?
    I want to come, I want to come.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    If anyone is near Evansville, I highly recommend Tin Man Brewery. Made a trip down there last weekend to try it out and was very impressed. I was amazed by the fact that they are canning their product vs bottling which is different from almost every micro brewery I have ever seen. I had to stop by the local Liquor Locker (same one from college) to pick up some of their Rivet Irish Red Ale to bring back home.

Last edited:

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For those of you that like gumballhead there is a company called boulevard brewing company, and the make a beer called 80 acre. It is real close to gbh and you can actually find it. It is one of my new favorites. Also love me some shiner. The bock is my favorite but like all the shiners.

I tried the 80 acre based on that same recommendation a while back. It's not bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to Gumball Head or Zombie Dust.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    GBH is on tap @ The Sinking Ship in Indps. It's the grapefruit. GBH has hints of grapefruit. My favorite SB's have hints of grapefruit. Stick with red wine. It's good for you.

You have to be quick to get some GBH at the Sinking Ship. The keg runs dry within a day or two of fresh shipment. They do have the bottles all the time though.

That's why I love / hate the Sinking Ship. They always have great new beers on tap to try. But as soon as you get a favorite one, the keg is gone and they don't know when they'll get it back. Constant rotation.

I highly reccommend their PBR special though.

Simmy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Columbus
    What a great state we live in with all if its locally brewed beer!
    I didn't know what it was to enjoy beer until I started trying all the different styles.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I feel like I'm the only one here that drinks PBR. And when I say that, I mean I can afford more expensive beer, but would rather drink PBR. Usually a case in the fridge at all times. When I go to bars, I usually go to ones I know have PBR, if not its bc my friends that don't drink PBR choose the place and then I just drink whiskey.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    At various times, I have tried a couple different beers just on the off chance that they didn't taste like they smelled-- like urine.

I was wrong. They all taste pretty bad.

The least bad I've had was Sam Adams and Warsteiner was also tolerable.

I've heard great things about Czechvar. This is the original recipe from the original Budvies brewery in bohemia that Busch ripped off when they started "Budweiser." Of course, they changed the recipe to make it cheaper and water it down (used rice, etc).

See here: Budweiser Budvar Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to taste what REAL Budweiser is supposed to taste like, get some Czechvar.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's hilarious :laugh:
    Is that an invite?

Absolutely. The problem with the posts in this thread is that they all recommend some great beers, but they're beers for people who already love beer. I'll find you some excellent beers that suit your palate and will (hopefully) lead the way to the others listed here.

I want to come, I want to come.

Are you proposing a three-way man date? I guess that'd be OK, but no kissing.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Night son, have a freekin' beer..!!

try this one next time.

bet'cha ya have 2-3 of 'em...

torpedo.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Absolutely. The problem with the posts in this thread is that they all recommend some great beers, but they're beers for people who already love beer. I'll find you some excellent beers that suit your palate and will (hopefully) lead the way to the others listed here.

Ok, I'm game.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok, I'm game.

I'm not going to promise that you'll like beer at the end, but at least it'll give you a better representative sampling than the camel urine you had. The U.S. is currently experiencing an unprecedented golden age of craft brewing. We're currently winning dozens of awards that, 20 years ago, would have been unthinkable going to an American beer. There's bound to be something out there that suits you.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

Are you proposing a three-way man date? I guess that'd be OK, but no kissing.

Make that a four way. I'm in. :):

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm not going to promise that you'll like beer at the end, but at least it'll give you a better representative sampling than the camel urine you had. The U.S. is currently experiencing an unprecedented golden age of craft brewing. We're currently winning dozens of awards that, 20 years ago, would have been unthinkable going to an American beer. There's bound to be something out there that suits you.

This man speaks the truth. :yesway:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I'm looking forward to this. It seems like I'm going to learn a lot.

Make that a four way. I'm in. :):

Ok, but you keep your hands to yourself. I know how you are ;)

Top Bottom