• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    On a side note by REQUIRING a subpoena be handed to you before you talk, it gives you the right to have an Attorney present, even if you are just a witness.

Testify against yourself and/or your spouse? Gun owning Hunters have less rights? I am amazed that all posters are not furious.

Exercise your rights, don't get advice from dipSh** wannabee aides on the internet.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Lets play profiling;

Greg in this thread. Not Married, no SO that hunts, shoots or fishes, has no daughters, doubt he hunts deer, may not even hunt at all.

First time my Daughter was ever questioned by an LEO. It was 2 DNR in another a State, she was 6, she didn't say squat and NO laws were broken. Surely she didn't catch some of those Pike? Yeah, she did. Yes she can use big girl fishing gear, and he she already has her own rifle too.

Are some of you guys this stupid? Can I ask that in here? Do I care what the answer is?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    LEAVE ME BE :nono:
    My suggestion is that if you want people to "leave you be"...don't post on an internet forum and then ask people...

Your thoughts
    Sometimes you'll actually get their thoughts. :rolleyes:

Not everyone here agrees 100% of the time. Think how boring that would be... Oh well...just my opinion.

And for the record...if I offended the OP by my opinions...that was NOT my intentions.

He is correct. I should not have assumed anything. :twocents:

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    On a side note by REQUIRING a subpoena be handed to you before you talk, it gives you the right to have an Attorney present, even if you are just a witness.

Testify against yourself and/or your spouse? Gun owning Hunters have less rights? I am amazed that all posters are not furious.

Exercise your rights, don't get advice from dipSh** wannabee aides on the internet.

A couple of points of order on your posts Zoub.

Your best answer was your first answer; don't talk to the police if you don't want to incriminate yourself.

The LEO doesn't neccessarily have to mirandize Samot if his goal is to charge Samot's wife with a crime. There may be other immunities that apply since we are talking husbands and wives but a LEO can question you without mirandizing you and then use your answers to aid his investigation against somebody else. So best stick with your first answer.

A subpoena is just a piece of paper signed by a lawyer that orders you to show up to a certain place and maybe orders you to bring papers with you and submit to questioning. A good legal secretary can get one ready in under a minute. Yes, you can show up and then invoke your fifth amendment rights or you can hire a lawyer and try to quash the subpoena, but you are better off sticking with your first answer and not talking as opposed to daring somebody to get a piece of paper that is pretty easy for a LEO to get if they want to cause you to waste a little more of your time.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Greg, have you ever heard the term " HOSTER SNIFFER " ???? i'll just leave it at that. next time you'll probly be riding in the truck with the CO. watch out guys!

Again, I'm not playing the personal attack game, but if it makes you feel better, have at it :) I clarified my posts last night, really not much more to say, because as the OP said, he's not even going to read my posts, so he obviously won't be responding to the questions asked of him.
    Lets play profiling;

Greg in this thread. Not Married, no SO that hunts, shoots or fishes, has no daughters, doubt he hunts deer, may not even hunt at all.

I'll play, but does my profile change depending on the thread we're in? :)

You're partially correct, but mostly wrong; I'm married (we've been together almost 21 years); she doesn't hunt, but she does fish occasionally, and she loves to shoot handguns and rifles. I don't have daughters, I have two sons. One of them hunts like me, nearly every free minute in deer season (archery, firearm, and muzzleloader) and squirrel hunts a few times a year. The other doesn't care for hunting as much, and only goes out once or twice a year during firearms season, but loves shooting. They both fish, camp, and both love to shoot, especially handguns, clays, and muzzleloaders. Anything else?

As public servant said, no offense was meant to the OP, and I'm sorry that he obviously takes offense to someone asking questions of him; however, that's pretty much what happens when you post something on a forum for all to see, and you'd better be prepared that not everyone is going to see things the same way as you might. Isn't that the whole purpose of discussion forums...to discuss?

Last edited:

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    If I have learned anything when dealing with the law, it would be to deny everything to the end. I don't care if you catch me with the smoking gun in my hand, I didn't do it. You can't trust the law or most people affiliated with the law. They will tell you anything (even lies of their own) to get you to confess to something.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    The LEO doesn't neccessarily have to mirandize Samot if his goal is to charge Samot's wife with a crime.
    Actually, he didnt appear to me that he was even interested in charging my wife. They way he talked, he was after me & only wanted to question me. Later when my wife called him to tell him how she felt about it. He told her not to worry & he thought I was being truthfull :dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    see thats illegal. i sorry but out of his jurisdiction!!! with no probable cause to even ask you your name.

COs have jurisdiction anywhere in the state. And he doesn't need probable cause to ask you your name. Nor do any LEO. They can ask you anything they like, they can ask your name, to see your ID, or even if you were the gunman on the grassy knoll. They are citizens just like you and me. And they can ask anyone any question just like you and me. They can not require you to answer, with a few small exceptions. If you are suspected of and infraction they can require you to ID yourself to their satisfaction. If you refuse they can take you in and hold you until they verify it.

IC 34-28-5-3.5
    Refusal to identify self
    Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:
    (1) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;
    to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.

i would also assume that he would be viewing this forum:welcome:
    GREG, seems to me that your going on a witch hunt. why do you wanna possibly cause this man more hassle. that'd be like me contacting the cop who gave you a traffic ticket and telling him, hey Greg was talking crap about you and saying you didnt do your job right. matter of fact hes posting it in a public forum and over half the people agree with him that you were a d***.

plus he cant discuss it with you, even if you are a hot shot janitor at a law firm, because since no charges have been filed that would be hear say and slander on the CO's part and then Greg would have a legal case against the state.

Why should you care? Seems like the OP doesn't mind if the CO knows. And even assumes that he does. Also hearsay is not against the law, except in things like Dr-patient, Attny-client and clergy-parishanor relationships, it is inadmissible in court though. Heck I'm sure the CO made a report of his conversation and maybe a recording all of which are in the public domain under the foia if it not an ongoing investigation. And it's not slander if he doesn't say anything untrue.

talking to me on an internet forum is one thing, bringing my affairs up to other CO is non of your GD buisness!!! LEAVE ME BE :nono:

My suggestion is that if you want people to "leave you be"...don't post on an internet forum and then ask people...

Agreed, and since he posted it on a public forum I believe it's under public domain and can be disseminated in any manner they choose.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    thanks for the positive support

Would like to take this time to thank all the members whom positivily supported me thru this unfortunate event. I have recieved the most pos feedback ever from this post. Thanks again, Samot :ingo:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Would like to take this time to thank all the members whom positivily supported me thru this unfortunate event. I have recieved the most pos feedback ever from this post. Thanks again, Samot :ingo:

your welcome!! sorry you went through that crap.. remember brother, nextime, tell them you have nothing to say except did you talk to my lawyer? :D

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    A subpoena is just a piece of paper signed by a lawyer that orders you to show up to a certain place and maybe orders you to bring papers with you and submit to questioning.
    And the more action a party takes the more they show their intent. I am good with that.

It is not a dare, it is the best legal advice I ever got. My Attorney has handled all my professional and personal dealings for a long time and from the start he told me ALWAYS tell them get a subpoena. If you can get a subpoena, I can get a Lawyer and I will let you know, through him, if I feel like showing up, if I feel like talking and what I feel like saying. AND you damn well will not come near me nor talk to me directly either.

It is one big dance, I have good shoes and I have nothing to say.

The legal system is not about honesty and integrity, it is about winning.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    And the more action a party takes the more they show their intent. I am good with that.

It is not a dare, it is the best legal advice I ever got. My Attorney has handled all my professional and personal dealings for a long time and from the start he told me ALWAYS tell them get a subpoena. If you can get a subpoena, I can get a Lawyer and I will let you know, through him, if I feel like showing up, if I feel like talking and what I feel like saying. AND you damn well will not come near me nor talk to me directly either.

H*LL of A POST!!!! :rockwoot:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

Yup, and then you have to pay your lawyer to deal with the subpoena. The LEO just "fined" you by getting a subpoena and forced to you to put on your dancing shoes. Smarter and cheaper to excercise your right to remain silent and not run your mouth.

Get it? You don't win because you get the charges dropped, you get hosed because you have to pay to deal with the mess. Lots of people every year get tickets, summonses and even arrested for things that will never stick, but they still have to waste time and money dealing with the system. Your first instinct was still your best; to shut up and walk away.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Well, first off.. Nice deer to both you and your wife. Secondly I do know Spanky, and he is a very good officer. I am sorry that you were offended by the situation. From his view though, officer's make A LOT of cases by checking tags post season. You wouldn't believe how many people tag deer under their family members names. I personally know a lot of guys that do that... and even though the tag and license is paid for... it isn't right. Taking an extra buck is just greedy. The officer's are just doing the best the can to stop these kinds of things that are happening. If something looks "suspicious".. they are required to look into it. the fact that your wife had never hunted before and then tagged a really nice buck throws up a flag. Just don't take it personal. I understand why you are upset, but you have to remember.. the officer doesn't know you. He doesn't know if you are an honest person or someone that is trying to cheat the system. :dunno: Anyway, grats on both your bucks, and for having a wife that has gotten into hunting! I wouldn't be too worried about the officer confronting you, no one likely has called you in or anything like that... just routine checks.

-dcary7

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Yup, and then you have to pay your lawyer to deal with the subpoena. The LEO just "fined" you by getting a subpoena and forced to you to put on your dancing shoes. Smarter and cheaper to excercise your right to remain silent and not run your mouth.

Get it? You don't win because you get the charges dropped, you get hosed because you have to pay to deal with the mess. Lots of people every year get tickets, summonses and even arrested for things that will never stick, but they still have to waste time and money dealing with the system. Your first instinct was still your best; to shut up and walk away.

It's even worse than that because we all lose. The taxpayers pay for the officer's time, the court's time, and the resources those things use, time, money, and resources that could have been put to better use dealing with serious and destructive problems, not bureaucratic fiddling.

Top Bottom