• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    That's a terrible experience. I always aim at the ceiling at about a 60* angle. And only dry fire after triple checking the chamber and getting permission from the store owner.

Atleast you made it home.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Maybe she shoulda ASK you 1st if you'd stand still for dry fire dummy.? At the Indy 1500 once I was looking at a mauser ,took the bolt out looking down the barrel, the man wearing a german fleckar hat [always does] walked in front of barrel then freaked out like he was going to get shot.Its his own rifle ,40 already pointed at him on table[of overpriced junk] What an Idiot,wussy boy ,I shoulda went POW! haha. then my son he 'got on' because he picked up a bullet to look at thinking of adding to his collection,saying he could drop it and it go off and kill 10 people' like we're newbies, my 12 year old boy had fired many more rounds than that joke of a man. I bypass that table always now.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    After being the target at gunshows enough times, and reading all of these threads, I believe my approach to this situation in the future will be to yell "Hey! Stop being stupid!" At the top of my lungs, and then just stare 'em down. Like many others I've muttered something and walked away too many times. No one learns from that. Maybe a healthy dose of embarrassment will help the brighter ones to learn. Sorry if I'm ranting, this is just one of my pet peeves.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Try being on the other side of the counter! If everybody who was careless like that was thrown in jail I bet 50% of the customer base would be locked up.

Dozens of times, per day, by LEO, military and sweet old grandpas, tacticools, newbs and Real Tree camo clad Nimrods.

They'll usually want something "safe safe safe" and reprimand their accompanyment about their lack of safety, all the while pointing it at you.

Now the loaded ones (couple of them), yeah that gets me thermonuclear.

What i do now, as a customer, is simply leave. in fact, I'll leave a store if a known idiot just walks in.

Most people truly do suck.

I need not be around them.

heisman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    where was the store clerk, I sell guns and don't let anyone just have their free will with them, instructions, and safety first. IF YOU AIM A WEAPON AT SOMEONE EXPECT ONE BACK AT YOU :-(

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I was at Blythes in Valpo last Thursday. The place was packed with people shopping. Looked up at the video of the range. Could not believe how crowded it was. The lanes were full and groups of people were standing around. Then I hear the guy behind the counter tell someone it was a 45 minute wait for the range. I thinking hell no. Way too many people with handguns in a confined space. One knucklehead makes a mistake and you injured or dead people. I can always come back when it's less crowded.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The post starts with "I went to Gander Mountain...." You asked for everything that happened after that. Never go to Gander Mountain (especially the Greenwood location.) Never means never.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    The post starts with "I went to Gander Mountain...." You asked for everything that happened after that. Never go to Gander Mountain (especially the Greenwood location.) Never means never.

Haven't been to the Greenwood location, and try to not do the castleton one either.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Oh hell OP, lighten up a bit. Not everyone is a pro with guns and besides when your in a gun shop people are going to trying them out.

Yeah, you know that gun wasn't loaded after the 2nd or 3rd trigger pull.
    You should have put your hands in the are and yelled "Don't Shoot!"

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My brother told me he watched Don (Don's Guns) himself, point a laser sited firearm at the back of a customers head across the store, in order to demonstrate for another customer.

He never went back, and I never went in to begin with. This happened 10-12 years ago.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    If that is how she acts with a gun , I hope she didn't buy it .

Why? If one careless moment or an instant of bad judgment was cause to prohibit firearm ownership, none of us would own guns... except for all of you who just woke up one morning as gun experts.

Sad part is, a lot of you are saying to yourselves right now "I've never done anything that stupid" Sure you have, you were just too inexperienced to realize it.

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    You have a point, I am so very grateful that my grandfather was a disciple of Coopers laws. Interestingly enough, I always thought those taxidermy heads mounted high on the walls were there for the purpose of drawing a bead on.

I would like to think if I were that employee, I would have corrected her immediately on her safety violation.

jdklvans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Michiana
    I just read about the same thing happening to a customer at a local gun shop in the next state to the north who had a young kid working behind the counter. Not good.

Top Bottom