Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    cool-story-bro.jpg

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    the handi rifles are underated. very good guns for the money. your 357 will be plenty for whitetails this fall if thats what your after.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I looked into them briefly some time ago, but then at least, the barrel twist rate was such that I didn't think they'd handle the heavier bullets I wanted to use. Maybe that's changed since then. What are you shooting and what have your results been?

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I've recently reamed mine to .357 max. It has a definite preference for heavier bullets. You may be thinking of the .44 mag H&R. They have a slow twist, something like 1:38", but I have one of them also, and it shoots 270 grain cast bullets pretty good.

My granddaughter took her first deer with the .357 last fall. That was before I reamed it to max.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I owned a half dozen of them a few years ago got disgusted with sticky chambers and accuracy that was good as long as you held your mouth just right. They were good values for what they were but don't hold their resale value well. I still own one in .270
    Win. that shoots one load well. Still with IN laws on deer hunting if I didn't have Marlins in .44 mag. I'd own a Handi Rifle in .44 or .50 S&W. With the Stevens 200 out there, in center fire cartridges, don't know that they may be a better value. Good Luck Duce<><

Top Bottom