• ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Forget Ranger Supply Forget H&H

If you read this forum support the advertisers, THEY pay the bills here.

In this area that means 21st Century Firearms.

tal35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    allen county
    I agree on the prices, I saw 5.7x28 there, the 197 stuff. $28.99 a bx. I said something to one gentleman there that the price was really high, I said they should buy from Grafs as the price was 17.00 a bx plus shipping wholesale. He says, we pay a lot more than that, something like $22 a box. Either he was shi**in me or they need to find a wholesaler with better prices. I believe they use accusports,and they typically have very good prices, just not sure why they would price gouge like that.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I just got back from riding around and stop by a couple shops. H&H is getting worse on their prices. Was looking for pmags but not paying $32.99 for black w/ window. Also they had about 10 boxes of federal HST 40 for $62.99 a box.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Don't tell Dave, but I went into H&H today. Was greeted warmly as I walked in the door. Service throughout the visit was actually pretty good. Everybody that worked there was friendly, one guy wasn't over friendly, but decent enough.

As far as inventory, they seemed to have a nice selection of handguns. New Glocks were $529, which is reasonable now a days. They had a large selection from Glocks, to XD's, to M&Ps, to revolvers. Prices overall were on par with most shops. In fact, they have an M&P9 with a factory threaded barrel and three mags. That caught my eye. I think that would make a nice suppressor host. They also have a good selection of holsters and mags, which is nice to see. Ammo was non existent, and what was in stock was high, but thats the norm anymore.

Rifles and shotguns were another story. AR's and AKs were few and pricey. Shotguns were somewhat decent. They do have a Mossberg 590 A1 in stock, which I have wanted for a long time, and had a decent price on it. Might actually go back and try to deal on it.

Overall, they are worlds better than they used to be. There was even a lady working there, and she was nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. I think you could do a lot worse than H&H, although I think our shop is still better. :D But I suppose I'm biased.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't tell Dave, but I went into H&H today. Was greeted warmly as I walked in the door. Service throughout the visit was actually pretty good. Everybody that worked there was friendly, one guy wasn't over friendly, but decent enough.

As far as inventory, they seemed to have a nice selection of handguns. New Glocks were $529, which is reasonable now a days. They had a large selection from Glocks, to XD's, to M&Ps, to revolvers. Prices overall were on par with most shops. In fact, they have an M&P9 with a factory threaded barrel and three mags. That caught my eye. I think that would make a nice suppressor host. They also have a good selection of holsters and mags, which is nice to see. Ammo was non existent, and what was in stock was high, but thats the norm anymore.

Rifles and shotguns were another story. AR's and AKs were few and pricey. Shotguns were somewhat decent. They do have a Mossberg 590 A1 in stock, which I have wanted for a long time, and had a decent price on it. Might actually go back and try to deal on it.

Overall, they are worlds better than they used to be. There was even a lady working there, and she was nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. I think you could do a lot worse than H&H, although I think our shop is still better. :D But I suppose I'm biased.
    Do you think their new radio show has anything to do with it?

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Do you think their new radio show has anything to do with it?

I don't know, but whatever the reason, the change needed to happen. I also hear the new owner Mark is the reason behind a lot of the changes.

Don't get me wrong, some of their prices are still crazy. They had a Colt 6920 for $2295. We have the same one for $1695. They sell the PMC 1000 round cases of .223 for $529, and they are even out of stock. Ours were $375 the last time we had them.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Did someone say 21st Century Firearms supports this site??? I'm glad but give it a rest. They've spent their money well!!!;)

Top Bottom