• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    While researching my old Smith and Wesson Lemon Squeezer it became apparent that to work on guns you should have a set of screwdrivers that are designed to fit properly. I researched many different screwdriver sets from Brownells, Midway, Amazon and more. When it was all said and done I decided to pay a little more and get the Magna-tip 32 piece set from Brownells with the law enforcement handle. The lifetime guarantee and quality hollow ground hardened bits did it for me. Their documents say they have a no questions asked replacement policy. If you are not happy in any way with the performance or if you break something they replace it. Have any of you taken them up on this warranty? Is it that easy? My set came today. They look good. Now time to use them.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I bend or break the 180-3 working on new Italian cowboy guns pretty frequently. I just buy new ones...they are cheap when you consider what an Uberti screw costs if you booger up the slot.

It's a great set to start with. Be prepared to add European thin tips, and other assorted fancy points (torx,etc.) as you go along.

Along with the torque wrench Brownells sells, these bits are all I've used for the last 10 years.

I don't like the police handle though. Too tough to pull out greasy bits with these old fingers.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    I was in Gander the other day and they had a screwdriver set in the junk bin for 5 bucks. It was a 8 screwdriver set but was missing one of the small ones. I bought it and called Grace (the company who made them) and they sent me the one I needed for free. I have used this set a bunch. Not bad huh?

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    While researching my old Smith and Wesson Lemon Squeezer it became apparent that to work on guns you should have a set of screwdrivers that are designed to fit properly

Congrats on your new screwdriver set, and way to go brother!!

I can't say enough about having the right tools for the right job. Seriously, how many times have you seen small screws all boogerd up on a costly firearm. Makes me cringe when I see the "craftsmen" screw driver come out at some or the local gun shops I frequent. I mean think about it, you make an sizable invest in a firearm (they are not cheap, at least not in my book) and that hard earned investment needs to be maintained correctly with the right tools.

Just me, I run with a Wheeler deluxe set and I have a couple sets or Wiha tech screwdrivers when I work on European toys and optics

Once again congrats, they are worth it in the long run!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    While researching my old Smith and Wesson Lemon Squeezer it became apparent that to work on guns you should have a set of screwdrivers that are designed to fit properly. I researched many different screwdriver sets from Brownells, Midway, Amazon and more. When it was all said and done I decided to pay a little more and get the Magna-tip 32 piece set from Brownells with the law enforcement handle. The lifetime guarantee and quality hollow ground hardened bits did it for me. Their documents say they have a no questions asked replacement policy. If you are not happy in any way with the performance or if you break something they replace it. Have any of you taken them up on this warranty? Is it that easy? My set came today. They look good. Now time to use them.
    I have the Brownells set with several extra tips. However you do know you may have to "custom" grind tips to fit some screws? When working on old guns you often find screws that have been slotted by hand, if the tips you have (of the right width) don't fit tightly in the slot, go to the next thickest tip that won't enter the slot and hollow grind it down to just fit. (I use a Dremel with the drum sander attachment, about 1/2" diameter, to "hollow grind" to fit.) That's why its important to have extra tips!

Top Bottom