• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've personally taken a lot of stuff to Richard Clauss. He does very good work and has a pretty good turn around too.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have only dealt with David Schwarze in Fort Wayne and have been very happy with the work. Great guy and did an excellent job for me. I know some people lately have been saying he has a slow turn around time so that is why i was curious as to what you were wanting done. if you are interested let me know and i can get you the contact info.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I happen to be looking for a gunsmith in the Ft Wayne area as well. I'm having problems with my Browning A-Bolt .300 Mag not cocking when I cycle the bolt. I think the trigger just came out of adjustment, but I haven't messed with many bolt action guns and didn't want to screw up my best hunting rifle.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I have only dealt with David Schwarze in Fort Wayne and have been very happy with the work. Great guy and did an excellent job for me. I know some people lately have been saying he has a slow turn around time so that is why i was curious as to what you were wanting done. if you are interested let me know and i can get you the contact info.

Man, I wouldn't recommend him to anybody.

My dad took him a shotgun to have some removable chokes put in. The first time he got it back it took 3 months & he ended up having a fixed choke installed. He got charged for it even though it was wrong.

Schwarze said he could fix it but he'd have to send it out since he couldn't do thin wall chokes. 8 MONTHS LATER (Yes, eight) my dad finally got it back & Dave charged him more than what was originally quoted by around $50 (I think). So my dad ended up getting overcharged twice to get what he wanted & it took almost a year to do.

I've heard of similar problems from other people as well.

If you take it to him...good luck.

Top Bottom