• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    So I was getting ready to work a deal but it has really fallen through and is another issue.... I just called Bradis and they have what Im looking for but a little more than what cash I have.... What other gun stores are open on Sunday in Central Indiana? Which ones will haggle with the price? mind you this is my 1st handgun purchase and I dont want to be taken for a fool.....

Contact number would be very helpful as well

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    My problem is its a little more than I have and Im sure they dont throw in amm or a holster do they?

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Yeah that was why I was hoping someplace would haggle, I still need ammo for it. No sense in having something for self defense thats just a paper weight.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    My problem is its a little more than I have and Im sure they dont throw in amm or a holster do they?

Seriously!
    If someone has enough mark up to throw in ammo OR a holster........you are paying WAAAAY too much for a new gun! It is far to competitive a market.

Go to Plainfield Shooting Supplies or Bradis and you will pay a fair price for anything they have.

Then............

Do like the rest of us hard working adults, research what you want, find a reasonable price, save your money till you have enough, then go get it.

Not really tryin' to be a smartass, that is just how it works at my house.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    183   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Another way to possibly save a few bucks is tell them that you will pay with cash and not a credit card. Usually they will pass the credit card fee savings on to you. It's worth asking about at least.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I only have a Millennium Pro .40. Not the 24/7. $349.99... with 50 rounds of FMJ reloads. :D

I just bought a Glock 19 from Bradis for $499, almost $60 cheaper than any where else i could find in IN

I sell the G19 & 26 for 499.99 every day. And I'm open on Sunday.

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    It's so easy to look at a gun price and say, "gee, I can buy that $20 cheaper at store X". But are you doing a total cost of ownership analysis? If you have to drive 100 miles round trip using 4 gallons of gas, that's $10 right there. Plus, what is your time worth to spend 2 hours getting there and back?

Then, what about after the sale support? If you have a problem with the gun, what will the dealer do for you? Will they tell you to contact the manufacture or will they work on your behalf to fix your problem? I'll tell you, shipping firearms back and forth is an easy way to consume Benjamins ($20) very quickly.

The markup on new guns is very, very thin. Trying to haggle on the price may turn off the owner of the shop very quickly. However, they may have more wiggle room on used guns, and it's worth approaching price gently.

My .02

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's so easy to look at a gun price and say, "gee, I can buy that $20 cheaper at store X". But are you doing a total cost of ownership analysis? If you have to drive 100 miles round trip using 4 gallons of gas, that's $10 right there. Plus, what is your time worth to spend 2 hours getting there and back?

Then, what about after the sale support? If you have a problem with the gun, what will the dealer do for you? Will they tell you to contact the manufacture or will they work on your behalf to fix your problem? I'll tell you, shipping firearms back and forth is an easy way to consume Benjamins ($20) very quickly.

The markup on new guns is very, very thin. Trying to haggle on the price may turn off the owner of the shop very quickly. However, they may have more wiggle room on used guns, and it's worth approaching price gently.

My .02

It shouldn't turn off the owners, just tell the customer you are at your bottom price. They can either buy or walk. It never hurts to try and haggle some, afterall many dealers are priced above what you can find the products for at other places. If its fair for them to put on a higher sticker, its fair for the customer to try and get a better deal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom