Not a bad job of it at all, brother. :yesway::D

kerry-tan.jpg

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    I just can't bring myself to buy an xd. They shoot good, and I have shot well with the ones I have fired. I just can't get past the fact that they were a $250 gun that everyone bad mouthed until springfield bought them out, slapped there name on them, and jacked the price up. now everyone thinks they are great. A name shouldn't increase the price of a gun. If kimber bought out hi point and doubled the price, would everyone love them? (OK, maybe thats a stretch, but ...)

I also just can't seem to find a 1911 that I shoot well with. I have had springfields, a kimber, para,colt, and others. I can shoot well in slow aimed fire, but they just don't point well for me in rapid fire. I think I am the only person in the world who they don't fit

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    me too...

Glocks, killed me that i had to recommend one to my (sort of) newbie buddy for a carry piece.... any s&w auto, and, darn it, heritage arms .22s. can't hit the broad side of a barn with one of those, whilst my buddies are popping soda cans at 50 yards like it's their JOB...
    Love those springfield commanders, sigs, and ruger da wheelguns...

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    XDs for me, but I have to justify that by saying that I have only tried the subcompact versions. They do not fit me worth a darn, and I want to like them too, but there is no flipping way. Maybe the full size would be better, but I do not know.

Also do not like Glocks, but I would like a g19 at some point anyway just to give them a longer term chance.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Smith and Wesson revolvers. So bland and boring. (I own one, it's great, but...it's bland and boring)
    Modern Colt revolvers. See above, plus they seem very overpriced to me.
    Most over-under shotguns. Why exactly does this cost $500,000,000 when I can get a nice pump for $300? Oh, it has pretty birds engraved on, that's why.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Can't stand XD's.... not because they are chunky, but because I would never buy one because I would have to go out and buy the "new and improved" model they come out with every year, and pretty soon, I would end up with 10 variants of the same damned gun...... the way I see it.... get the engineering right BEFORE you send the product to market - don't wait till AFTER you have made 100,000 of them!

Yep..... give me a Glock or a Smith any day..... now THEY know how to build a gun!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I am a Glock armour, and I know what you meen about the grip thing, when glock made his gun he made like he never saw anyone else's gun the grip angle is to far of a slant for me, my natural point of aim is high with the glock because of this, I dont seem to have the same problem with the 27 as the grip is shorter. Also cant get around the ugly on the XD's I just bought a S&W M&P .40 full size and found I realy like it, I carred a 659 for years untill I got my first H&K what a world of differance, Love the H&K's. Gary

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Im gonna post this and run like hell...... please dont hunt me down over this...lol

<CZ-75 love>

There is nothing wrong with you at all. CZ makes very nice pistols, and too many modern 1911s are built without regard for JMB's original design.

I can't stand this thing:
    Beretta92FS.jpg

It's a gigantic 9mm with a crappy trigger and a slide-mounted safety. It looks like a real pistol and a water gun had a child with downs, and I honestly think Glocks are more attractive. It's a good thing Beretta makes other decent weapons. More power to you if you like this thing, but it's not for me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've got another blasphemous offering or two:

I really don't like the grip bulk of the Alloy/Steel framed S&W Autos, either. The design of the grip coupled with the design of my hand put the controls uncomfortably out of reach for some reason.

And I KNOW that some of them are absolutely fantastic firearms.

Don't like the chunky grips on Ruger's centerfire pistols, either (save for the SR9, that one's comfortable to handle)

Gosh, and I didn't think that I was a "gun snob". lol

I'll stick with my P99 and Steyr, thank you. hehe

-J-

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I hate Smith and Wesson...:laugh: just kidding. What I really can't stand is Inline Muzzleloaders. I have a .58 Hopkins and Allen and am more with the traditional style of them even though its like carrying a 50 lb. 2X4 in the woods, I just can't give into the newer muzzleloaders.:dunno:

Top Bottom