Guns you’ve owned, that you’d never buy again (and why?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    Ruger mini 14 in 223. Was accurate only when handloaded down to 22 hornet velocities.

Contender 10" 44 mag barrel. Gun torqued horribly with heavy silhouette loads.

Remington nylon 66 22lr. Scope mounting system wouldn't hold zero.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ruger mini 14 in 223. Was accurate only when handloaded down to 22 hornet velocities.

Contender 10" 44 mag barrel. Gun torqued horribly with heavy silhouette loads.

Remington nylon 66 22lr. Scope mounting system wouldn't hold zero.

That's surprising, I got a nylon 66, try shootin without a scope, I can keep a 3in group at 50 yards easy, and the mini 14 is about as accurate, is it possible u just can't shoot?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i see im not the only tec-9 hater here.

mine was absolutly worthless. as ive said before if i had to use my tec 9 in a defence situation i would drop that heavey 50 rd mag, throw the gun at who ever was attacking and use the mag as a nice heavy club. mabye even score a shot to the fellas with the gun i threw

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm curious to know how many of you bought these turds in the classifieds... and how many of you dumped them in the classifieds.

None for me!!

Thankfully, I've yet to end up with a "turd".

Had a few that I just didn't like for one reason or another, but nothing, even used, has completely and utterly failed at what it was supposed to do.

And the few problems that I have had and sold on the classifieds, I made sure to make full disclosure to the buyer and made sure that they understood the issues that I'd had with it.

So, the things that I've owned previously that I can't see myself ever owning again:

CZ-40P and a Kahr CW-40

The CZ was my first ever handgun. Unfortunately for me, I didn't do my homework ahead of time and I overpaid for a "factory frankengun" that was virtually impossible to find any kind of decent holster for. It was a good shooter, though.

The CW-40... Too unpleasant to shoot. Quick follow up shots were nigh-on impossible for me. Even with target loads. Using 155gr Federal protection loads, the recoil was downright brutal.

If I had to do it again, I'd have gotten a CW-9 and probably still have it.

-J-

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm curious to know how many of you bought these turds in the classifieds... and how many of you dumped them in the classifieds.

My Tec 22 was pre-INGO (when dinosaurs roamed the Earth). I took it back to the shop I bought it at, explained the problems, and the owner gave me a nice Ruger Single-Six as an even trade.
    I've never knowingly sold, traded, or given as a gift any defective weapon. And if I ever decide to it would be on HT, not INGO! :laugh:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    All the guns I had problems with were taken back to the gunshop I used to frequent when the flaws appeared (this shop had a return policy second to none when it was open especially forgiving when returning a used gun from their store). I would never knowingly pawn off a gun with problems with out informing of the problems first especially to anyone on ingo ( bad reps travel fast in these parts)

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie

+1 I had a gun I got here in trade from a member who didn't tell me a piece in the recoil spring was broken on a Ruger p95DC. When I tried to "p'm" him about it, he wouldn't respond. I also found out who he got it from also a member on here, and he said the guy I got it from was aware of the problem, and yet, when I asked if anything was wrong with it or how to field strip it, the guy I got it from said he didn't know. Very shady in my opinion. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and from now on I won't trade with someone without checking their feedback first. I contacted Ruger and had them send me a replacement part to have it fixed then traded it at the next gun show I went too. But that wasn't the reason I traded. I traded it in because after having both a P94 and a P95DC I can say that I am not a fan of Ruger autos. They feel and look cheap and have really crappy trigger pulls in my opinion.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Sig p232. Sexy little gun that I dislike shooting: Slide bite, trigger configuration & grip ergonomics.

Last edited:

dodgetoyz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    My worst ever

I have two to mention...
    1st hand gun I ever bought was in 99 and there was this new gun from S&W, yes a Sigma. POS
    2nd, there was this new gun from Springfield...xd40. Wow. Not to brag...but I am a damn good shot and this gun was down right dangerous is was so inaccurate. The only thing it consistently did was shot low and to the left 5-6 inches low and 7-8 inches left at 25 ft! Sold that pos and found the love of my life. Kimber Custom II TLE! Dead nuts accurate.:rockwoot:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I will never own the following again...

Any Taurus:

My first Taurus (years ago) was a Model 66 .357 revolver that failed to lockup after about 300 rounds. I sent it back to Taurus and waited over 6 months to have them finally replace it.

My second Taurus (currently) is a Rossi Puma M92 .357 rifle. These are brought into the U.S. now by Taurus/Braztech. The rifle developed severe feeding issues, and was returned to Taurus on January 4th... I still do not have a fixed or replaced rifle in hand. The issue here is not Rossi, as any firearm can have problems. The issue rather, is how a company handles problems and Taurus is not handling things well at all. I now understand that the Taurus lifetime warranty means that it will take a lifetime to have your firearm returned.

Any Glock:

I have owned two Glocks in my past and will probably never own one again. I only had minor issues with one of them, a G19 that had the front sight fall off. My issue with Glock was never with their quality, it has always been about the ergonomics. Back when I bought my Glocks, the market was very immature and the ergos you got, you lived with. Once the market matured and other manufacturers came in with more ergonomic and well thought out designs, I made the switch. Even the 4th Gen Glocks are only a half-hearted attempt to regain lost market share.

DoubleJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    1st auto pistol I owned; Erma Excam 22lr. Had a bad habit of slam fireing and going full auto. Kind of fun when you were ready for it but it was intermitant. Tried to get it fixed but it never really ran right. Poor finish and trigger pull as well. Got rid of it.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    That's surprising, I got a nylon 66, try shootin without a scope, I can keep a 3in group at 50 yards easy, and the mini 14 is about as accurate, is it possible u just can't shoot?

[Results from a 1980 Mini-14 using iron-sights @ 100 yds - first time I had shot the gun, using Winchester/Walmart ammo](http://i.imgur.com/sp84C.jpg) :ar15:

I'd say fairly acceptable. Maybe the one you were using had badly worn rifling. (?)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Bushmaster M17s, biggest POS. Keletc P11, next biggest POS. Keltec P32... not a total POS but no where near reliable enough to trust my life to, so it was a total waste of money, it's not even good for a range gun.

Top Bottom