• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hnmcman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Has anyone else ever been to Guns Unlimieted in Evansville. I've been a couple of time and the owner seems like a very nice guy. We will just talk with you while you are in the store and is very nice. He doesn't seem to carry to much in stock but when I asked about some supplies that I was looking for he said that he could special order it for me as long as it is in his catalog.

If you have shopped in this store what has your experiences been like.

Thanks
    David

hnmcman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    It is on Covert Ave just west of Vann Ave. Right across from the McDonalds on the north side of the road. I think the sign out by the road says "Dirty Harry's Gunsmithing" but I wouldn't swear to it. The entrance to it is on the second floor. I don't have the address off hand but I will look it up and post it later.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It is on Covert Ave just west of Vann Ave. Right across from the McDonalds on the north side of the road. I think the sign out by the road says "Dirty Harry's Gunsmithing" but I wouldn't swear to it. The entrance to it is on the second floor. I don't have the address off hand but I will look it up and post it later.

Thanks. I'll have to make a little trip to check out the place.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Seems like a nice feller. I have only looked around and he was a friendly guy. I believe I may just stop in there this week to look again as it has been a while.

ltb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Evansville,IN
    truth be known, if he got what you want, best prices in town***, no trade ins and low ammo inventory just dont expect too much.

JDvader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    I have stopped in there 3 or 4 times over the last couple years. He told me the dirty harry gunsmith shop was closed, and he has had problems over the last few years with his ammo suppliers. But he is one heck of a nice guy, and loves to talk guns and politics.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Just bought an XDm from Gary at Guns Unlimited. I'd like to reiterate what everyone's been saying. His prices can't be beat but he doesn't keep a lot of stock. He will order just about anything you want though and he gets stuff in FAST. I got my new XDm just a little over 3 days from when I ordered and that was with a weekend involved. He's very easy going. He doesn't take trades or deal in anything used but he's great if you're looking to buy new and don't wanna order online.

And BTW his shop is on the bottom floor on the extreme left hand side of the building now.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Just called him today. He did not have what I was looking for, but told me some things about it that no one else did. Very friendly. I will visit his shop soon and probably order the gun I was looking for.:)

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Got go in Guns Unlimited today. Very friendly, willing to help, and best of all.....no pressure. Didnt try shoving something at me that I did not want.
    Not a huge selection, but thats ok too. Manner and style matters to me. He has both.
    I have to save for my next "toy", but I believe i will be getting it from him.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Got go in Guns Unlimited today. Very friendly, willing to help, and best of all.....no pressure. Didnt try shoving something at me that I did not want.
    Not a huge selection, but thats ok too. Manner and style matters to me. He has both.
    I have to save for my next "toy", but I believe i will be getting it from him.

Gary is a big supporter of Red Brush Rifle range. Has been for a long time.
    He always furnishs the guns for the monthly drawing at the meetings.

Top Bottom