• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Those guys can put out some outright awesome stuff by rubbing scrap metal on cinder blocks, and they reload ammunition with a hammer. We could learn some stuff.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, I'm not suggesting patronizing them, but if push comes to shove and we have to make what we need from rusty car parts with duct tape and cinder blocks, we should take what knowledge we can get, not be spoilt by our technology.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Those weapons in the last little slide show appear to be finished quite well considering guys with files and hacksaws were building them. Maybe some steps were not shown.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's awesome!

Was expecting some crude guns. Pretty neat stuff.

If you've ever seen them in person you would know that they ARE crude... they are functional, but crude. You can tell that many parts are ground/filed to shape from scrap metal etc...

Oh, I'm not suggesting patronizing them, but if push comes to shove and we have to make what we need from rusty car parts with duct tape and cinder blocks, we should take what knowledge we can get, not be spoilt by our technology.
    They do that because they don't know any better... you/we know better. Even in a total collapse of society scenario the remains of our industrialized society can be used to make MUCH better "things" including guns. If push came to shove I could make a ground up firearm that looked and shot as good or better than the real thing in my garage on generator/solar power (with the exception of rifling a barrel)... I'm not the only one with that capability... there are MANY people that could do that sort of thing because living that lifestyle is their current way of life...

FWIW, rifled barrel blanks are the hardest part of any; that will be the most challenging part.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom