• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I think almost every poster has missed the point IT is against the law to carry at a K-12 school don't like the law change it BUT don't violate it. AS a gun owner I sometime am appalled at the attitude of people who think that they are above the law . The post is not about gun rights its about the law. Why don't you walk into a fed. courthouse carrying a firearm ? Either you believe in the concept of a lawful nation or you don't We hold the 2nd amendment up but it is the law of the land and we don't want it violated .As gun owners if we break the law enough and rub it in peoples face we may end up like i hope the congress will in the next ellection.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    walt o,
    You are exactly right. And I think most or all responders will agree with you about the current law. I believe many were reporting how things were better, in the past, when so few people were terrified of firearms.
    My post (about guns being dangerous) and, I'm sure, other posts were in response to ddwood04.
    no one should have guns around kids

Many of us believe you need to have guns and kids together to teach them gun safety. I don't think anyone was advocating or approving violating the law.

Doug

LEO IN TRAINING

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    wheatfield, indiana
    i believe that firearms shouldnt be allowed in schools like the law states, but i do believe that everyone in your family should be aware how to handle firearms in a safe manner, clip out, slide open, how to unchamber a round, safety, no trigger until your ready to shoot etc...my wife and kids 7 and 4 year old boys have shot everything i own, 45, 9, 22lr, 22-250, no shotguns yet for them they are scared of the kick......but they all know they are not toys, and are weapons that will kill if handled in the wrong manner...

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Doug having 5 children they have all been around firearms. My S.I.L took one of the muzzle loaders to P.U cal to demonstrate to a class how muzzle loading flint lock rifles worked and the amount of delay between pulling the trigger and the gun firing. But gun owners must that many other people do read these forums and can form the opinion that gun owners may not be the type of responsible people they claim (inmost cases are )to be. I just point out that we need to carry ourselves as a group of people that will not use the right we have unless their is no other way out.
    Not as the left portrays gun owners.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Doug having 5 children they have all been around firearms. My S.I.L took one of the muzzle loaders to P.U cal to demonstrate to a class how muzzle loading flint lock rifles worked and the amount of delay between pulling the trigger and the gun firing. But gun owners must that many other people do read these forums and can form the opinion that gun owners may not be the type of responsible people they claim (inmost cases are )to be. I just point out that we need to carry ourselves as a group of people that will not use the right we have unless their is no other way out.
    Not as the left portrays gun owners.

+1 It only takes a few jack legs to give responsible law abiding gun owners
    a bad rap. On the other hand it's our responsibility to fight for our gun rights.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    I would like to see one day where the principal and vice principle were trained properly and carried a concealed and secured handgun at all school functions with full police powers.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Always thought it was odd....only 2 groups of citizens are barred from school property: folks who are licensed to carry, and sex offenders.

Another feel-good law we should work to amend.

Oh, and Congrats Bigus_D! (on the little girl, not the extra range time)

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    Bring back Eddie Eagle and school pistol teams like they used to have. We used to have a rifle team when I was in high school.
    Also you are allowed to carry on school grounds so long as you are dropping off or picking up. Just don't get out of the vehicle with it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gee, I wonder how many thousands of lives have been saved because someone said to themselves. "I'm going to go murder that @#%&*%!! Oh, wait, the school is a gun-free zone! Shucks, I guess I can't kill him, after all."

Doug

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Back in 8th grade, we had a mandatory class on firearm safety. It replaced the gym class for half a semester (the other half was boating safety). If you got >90% on the final test you got to skip a day of school and go to the coon hunters club and shoot at their range for the day, and yes I got 100%. Pretty nice to have the school pay for ammunition. As far as I know, Salem Middle School still does it for the 8th grade. It was a lot like the hunters ED class you take to get a hunting license.

Top Bottom