• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    You're either an Eastwood guy, or a John Wayne guy. You can like them both, but you always like one more than the other. I'm an Eastwood guy myself. I was recently sick in bed for 2 weeks, so I watched all the Man With No Name movies, and Once Upon a Time in the West. Awesome. A little too much hip shooting, but they're all such badasses in those movies that I'm okay with it.

Heat is about as good as it gets for movie gun realism though, and it's a great movie to boot. Y'all should check out Way of the Gun, too. The movie's solid, but the gun handling is spot on. Supposedly the director's brother was an SF guy, and informally advised him. There's a lot of really well done scenes of 2 guys covering each other in various situations, clearing a house, retreating from a building into a car, etc. Best line--"careful, one's backfire, two's gunplay..."

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Pretty sure he was in the group of film makers that were purposely kept home to make propaganda / morale films etc. But I could be wrong :dunno: I just always hated in his movies how clean he always was... freakin pretty boy.:xmad:
    kinda sounds like a cop out. i never really liked any of his movies anyway. im a huge eastwood fan though. gran turino is in my top 10 fave movies ever. reminds me of my grandpa. except he hasnt really "come around" so to speak.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    kinda sounds like a cop out. i never really liked any of his movies anyway. im a huge eastwood fan though. gran turino is in my top 10 fave movies ever. reminds me of my grandpa. except he hasnt really "come around" so to speak.

saw gran turino in theaters (and a few nights ago) and love it! Most guys I've talked to say they see their, grandpa, father, uncle etc. He's a good combination of both my grandfathers in that one. Odd note though, I saw it in theaters just off of Ft. Gordon with a couple of WO's and the three of us were the only people in the whole dang theatre to laugh at any point in the movie!!! We were rolling at all his little snide comments and insults everyone else was stoic.... weirded me out!

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I love Open Range.. I have it on DVD... this is my favorite part of that whole movie.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yRxcnmTjPo"]YouTube - BOOM Headshot Open Range[/ame]

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I like both john wayne & clint eastwood movies But for as far as whose the toughest,1 month after john wayne had one of his lungs removed (cancer) he started filming "The sons of katie elder". Actors nowadays dont have that kind of work ethic

Ever heard of john wayne toilet paper? Its rough and tough & dont take crap off of nobody

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hulu has them. :D

But the Collector's Edition DVD Set of the Man with No Name is so much better! Especially when you get to see the extra 15 mins that were cut from the US version. Sadly we are stil 30+ days away before I can watch these.

My dad and I have a Christmass tradition of watching the triology on 12-25. :dunno: how it got started but we have been doing it for years now (this will be our 8th year). :)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    saw gran turino in theaters (and a few nights ago) and love it! Most guys I've talked to say they see their, grandpa, father, uncle etc. He's a good combination of both my grandfathers in that one. Odd note though, I saw it in theaters just off of Ft. Gordon with a couple of WO's and the three of us were the only people in the whole dang theatre to laugh at any point in the movie!!! We were rolling at all his little snide comments and insults everyone else was stoic.... weirded me out!

maybe everyone else was too afraid to laugh at it. their loss.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom