• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    For those of you that CC at church (not open), do you just have your shirt untucked, or how exactly do you carry it? When I'm at church I'm always wearing a dress shirt tucked in, so I'm not sure how I could/would carry while dressed that way.

I don't have a pistol or LTCH right now, I'm just curious.

There are tons of options for carrying with a tucked shirt. Lots of IWB (inside the waist band) holsters have deep clips that attach to your belt but you can put your shirt in front of the holster to conceal. Popular ones include the Crossbreed Supertuck and the MTAC Comptac (my personal favorite). You can also ankle carry, groin carry, under your hat carry, etc. :)

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I always put a .45 mag in the collection plate. :cool:

Please allow me to extend a formal invitation to my church. Guns and all of their related accessories are gladly accepted as donations and will be put to good use for the betterment of our surrounding community. :D

scrub buck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    usa
    No, honestly i just never thought of someone taking a gun into church. I just wouldn't see a need ... around here in hickville anyways.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Why would a grown man need a gun in church? I've never heard this mentioned, or even thought of it before.

Pastor here. Why would you not need a gun in a church? They aren't surrounded by magical force fields that keep bad people out just like malls, schools, etc..

In fact we've had some individuals in our church with former spouses they were separated from and had threatened them with violence...being prepared for people like that isn't an unreasonable precaution at all. Not to mention I'm not a fan of leaving guns in cars unless you have a good way to do so, and I would never want one of our members to feel the need to be disarmed everywhere they go to and from church that day until they get back home. Properly carried a gun on a person is a lot better than one stored loose in a car, and has the advantage of being readily accessible should the need arise.

Last edited:

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    Pastor here. Why would you not need a gun in a church? They aren't surrounded by magical force fields that keep bad people out just like malls, schools, etc..
    ^^^^This^^^^
    Use The Google and search church shootings. They happen. The need for situational awareness and potential self-defense happens where ever you are.

scrub buck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    usa

In fact we've had some individuals in our church with former spouses they were separated from and had threatened them with violence...being prepared for people like that isn't an unreasonable precaution at all. Not to mention I'm not a fan of leaving guns in cars unless you have a good way to do so, and I would never want one of our members to feel the need to be disarmed everywhere they go to and from church that day until they get back home. Properly carried a gun on a person is a lot better than one stored loose in a car, and has the advantage of being readily accessible should the need arise.

Makes sense when you put it that way, thank you.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    LM, I believe I'd be talking to the board about permission, either blanket or individual, so you and your brethren can protect yourselves and your church. Shootings do happen everywhere, and to pretend otherwise is naive and irresponsible.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Holsters like the Comp-TAC MTAC have a "tuckable" feature. Which allows you to tuck your shirt in over the holster. I have used mine several times. Works great.

An ankle holster works great in that situation...you'll have one on you...but it can't/won't get felt-up with hugs and other 'in-advertant' bumps!

Options:

1. Under a suit coat or jacket.
    2. Crossbreed supertuck under a tucked dress shirt.
    3. IWB under a sweater.

There are tons of options for carrying with a tucked shirt. Lots of IWB (inside the waist band) holsters have deep clips that attach to your belt but you can put your shirt in front of the holster to conceal. Popular ones include the Crossbreed Supertuck and the MTAC Comptac (my personal favorite). You can also ankle carry, groin carry, under your hat carry, etc. :)

An ankle holster works great in that situation...you'll have one on you...but it can't/won't get felt-up with hugs and other 'in-advertant' bumps!

Thank you all for the replies. I was sort of thinking along the lines of what Amishman44 said ^^^, and just going with an ankle holster for church. When I wear a suit (which is rarely) I could just do ankle or IWB then.

Thanks again. :)

Amkriz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Elkhart
    Is there anyplace to look for specific info on getting permission to carry in churches with schools. I would love to be able to present that info at my own congregation. I had never heard that prior to reading this thread.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Is there anyplace to look for specific info on getting permission to carry in churches with schools. I would love to be able to present that info at my own congregation. I had never heard that prior to reading this thread.

Well here's the relevant code:

School Property

IC 35-47-9
    Chapter 9. Possession of Firearms on School Property and School Buses

IC 35-47-9-1
    Exemptions from chapter
    35-47-9-1 Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A:
    (A) federal;
    (B) state; or
    (C) local;
    law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school
    function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any
    other activity authorized by a school.

(3) A person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to
    transport another person to or from a school or a school function.

My 100% uneducated assumption would be that a simple letter from the governing body of the school in question stating that they authorize you to possess a firearm on the property at all times. It's probably a good idea to get an educated opinion too. ;)

I looked through the latest edition of Ciyou's book and I don't believe this section is addressed in it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I carry in church, the pastor is aware of it too.

First time I attended I OCed but after that out of courtesy to the pastor I have been concealing.
    No one stared at me the first time nor did anyone make any remarks.

The pastor simply asked me if I wold conceal carry next time though it was up to me. He didn't care if I carried at all though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom